Gear Problem

BrentSC

every time i come to a complete stop and put my car in neutal, its a standard by the way. it is pretty much impossible to shift it back into gear, but if i try to work it into all 5 gears after awhile it finally goes in. what happins is when i shift out of gear into neutral theres a clunk and then it wont go back in. im not sure why this happins but i need to get it fixed!!!!

thanks

Brent

I just did the clutch on my car and bleed the snot out of it and it is diong the same thing yours is. Hard to get into gear and clunks slightly in and outa gear. Wish i knew what was up.

mines does the samething too but when i cut the car off it goes in gear fine and my transmission was just rebuilt too i think its because i have bad motor mounts and tranny mounts i think its putting it in a bind

I am not so sure that that would be the case. The transimssion is solidly bolted to the motor. Unless all of your bolts are loose I doubt that could be the problem. I have done some searching and found that shims may fix this problem if the flywheel has been resurfaced. Which mine has. I have just intalled everything but new pilot bearing and the shims.

Yeah im not sure what happind to my car, it shifted in and out of gear perfectly intill about a month ago. then it started acting up by not going into gear it seems its getting worse and worse. i dont know if it needs a rebuild or what becuase my tranny has never had one.

I had that similar problem with mine a while back..... and it turns out to be my clutch's hydraulic fluid was low. i just top it off with the brake fluid then it got better.

Had a similar situation a few years back. I put up with it for a month or so, then the throwout bearing went bad. After the tranny was out, did clutch at the same time. Noticed that the pilot bearing was bad when the alignment tool wobbled to much. Changed the bearing and had no more trouble in about 8000 mi.

Back