95 sc tbird question

Jim

Im interested in in getting a 95 sc I was wondering how good of a car they are and if they are known for any bad transmission problems or any major problems in general cause right now i have a 92 ford taurus that had transmission problems it was rebuilt and now is finally going. thanks

Well 94 and 95 were not exactly the best years for the 4R70W (automatic trans). There are some things you can do to improve its performance and greatly increase its durability assuming that it is in good condition. There are several excellent articles on the 4R70W on tccoa.com I would check those out first. As for the 5 speed. Well, almost all year SC 5 speeds seem to be plagued by synchro problems. I have yet to encounter any problems with mine (2 cars), but it is definitely something to look for.

One other problem where i live no one seems to own any sc but there are many of the Lx v8 and the Lx v6 3.8L. the only sc i found where 1990 and later into the 80's

my tranny in my 95 SC crapped on me at about 113k sadly I bought it around 105k. but I wanted a 5-speed anyhow, it was still driveable when I swapped, could have even been the mlps, but I just wanted my 5 speed so I went ahead and swapped, all it was really doing was dropping OD everything else seemed fine

Hey cato-
How much of a problem was it to swap to a 5 speed? costs, other parts needed, etc?
-Eric

Back