hey need help 94 sc

CSupercoupe94

hey i have a stock 94 sc trying to get performance parts anyone help with best bang for buck i was thinking a 5% super charger pully cold air and cat back exhaust if anyone has parts that may help me or advice please share

Just do a search cause you'll probably get a million different answers to this question.But it seems like you are on the right track.You might wanna replace the resonater when you're doing the exhaust because its outlet is highly restrictive.Also gears give a great seat of the pants improvements for stick cars everyone seems to like 327's and auto's like 373's.

Jay

the flowmaster exhaust i was looking at was like 270 and is cat back now that include a resonator or can i just not put one on or what also the flowmaster exhaust is i think 2 1/4 thats the same as stock is it not even worth it is there a difference or am i going to basically be buying it for the sound

The flowmaster kit is made for v8 cars to use it on ours you need to buy their resonater kit also.You could buy a magnaflow or borla resonater for like 80 or 90 bucks and have a custom set up ran from it out the back for close to the same price as the flowmaster kit at a local muffler shop.From what I've read you don't want to delete the resonater because it has a habit of making our cars sound like crap if it's not installed.

Jay

Resonator.....

I eliminate the resonator on all my T-Birds. I had them install a 2 1/4" x 3" Y pipe on my SC with a 3" Flowmaster out back. Exhaust work is the most money I've put into mine so far. Worth it, the supercharger winds up faster, don't care about what it sounds like.

it really depends on your power level goals.

for keeping it mostly stock, i'd get the flowmaster resonator kit and cat back system.

best bang for the buck mods, i'd say 5% blower pulley, gears, underdrive pulleys.

but definitely do your exhaust before over driving that blower.

and post a sound clip after its done. we need more of these on the site for others to compare to.

The flowmaster FLO-15100 is the resonator. It's a dual 2" inlet and 2.5" outlet. The FLO-17111 is the 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the resonator back to the y-pipe, 2 1/4" pipe to the mufflers which are 40 series 2 chambers. Deep tone at idle and it really screams when you get on it. I have it on my 92 and have no cats. I love it. It got deeper after about a month of driving due to soot coating in the pipes. I love it.

On a 94 you might have 3 or 4 cats, I'd delete 2 of them. If you have to keep the other two get high flows. Or remove them completely. DO NOT DELETE THE RESONATOR or your car will sound like a rice burner. I can't stress that enough. It will sound like crap. It will flow good but people will point and laugh when you go by.

I have about $600 into my exhaust. It was $270 for the flowmaster mufflers and pipe, $130 for the resonator, and $200 for catless downtubes custom made at a shop near me. Had to tell the guy the car was going to be a track only car and he didn't give me a receipt because it's illegal to remove the cats in many/all states.

Seriously when I pass someone at 10 psi in my 5-speed car first they hear the blower screaming and then the exhaust roar as I go by.

My friend had a big dog exhaust on his cougar with no resonator, it sounded pretty sweet at idle. I was driving next to him and he dropped a gear and took off. I was looking around for the buzzing/farting civic and then realized it was his car. HAHAHA.

Stock exhaust is 2".

cool thanks everyone for the help i think im going to just take it to a muffler shop and get a quote how much does it cost for 373 gears and how hard is it to do i have never done gears but i am pretty mechanically inclined

Back