Need Help W/ Tranny

Rubymustang

I need some help with this from my fellow SCers, I can get a 5speed tranny from a Sc.Will this bolt up to my 5.0 liter and if it does what do I need to do this?The reson why I ask is because my AOD is going south permantly.And if this bolts up where do I get the parts I need on a tight budget. I know I need the pedal assembly and the slave cylinder and maybe the cross member do I need the drive shaft too? And the computer do I need that to?PLEASE HELP IM REALY IN A BIND HERE!! Can any body else help please!!!!
Thanks Greg:confused:

Last edited:
The 'tight budget' puts some constraints on both the ease and speed at which you can get this done. For starters it is much easier to go and get a junk yard replacement aod and put that in. I just picked another sc AOD up for $100. But back to your question, You will have to solicit for the other needed parts (or grab a donor car). You don’t need a computer as the transmission doesn’t talk to the computer. You will need the pedals (although I believe there are a couple versions made depending on whether the car had abs but I’m not completely sure about that). I think the other parts of the install are pretty straightforward. Dashboard removal is always a lot of fun. You will have to do a little wiring for the interrupt/backup switch and some console changes may be needed in order to accommodate the shifter. Be forewarned it isn’t a job you will finish in a day and it probably wont be anywhere near as cheap to do as you may hope.

Back