could this be a prob,is it normal

92sclikenew

ok for as long as i can remenber my sc seems like 1/2 gas pedal to full dont seem like its any faster nor anything just seems like its extra play i mean yea i look at the tb and yea the butterfly is opening more a wot then 1/2 but it dont seem to make much more power could this be a prob. the car runs great its just like why could it do this. is it normal.

You need more mods...the stock heads, cam, blower and exhaust system stop making power around 4500 rpm.

David

not that its at high rpm but even when takin off 1/2 pedal to full dont seem any quicker if anything its more of a dawg off the line. i understand its not super fast stock but im just wondering is this normal. and i do have some of the exhaust opened up.

if this is a mod issue cuz i dont have any then fine i just wondering if its somthing that can be fixed cuz somthing is wrong. or if its just normal for a stockish sc (only exhaust mods) to have not much of a notice change in 1/2 throttle to full wot as in power.

Last edited:
Or, your TPS could be out of whack. Get a multi meter and see what the voltage is at the TPS. You may have a dead spot or something.

i was thinkin more belt slip. or ur bypass not closing all the way.

flooring it from 1/2 to full throttle should throw u back in the seat....especially in an auto.

my car only has exhaust and a smaller uppper pully and coil pack and it is quick i would say something isnt right with the car

1/2 throttle inst slow it sets you in the seat, its just like it dont get any after after 1/2 throttle and from nothing to 1/2 throttle the car has balls. but anything over 1/2 seems like its just a waste of cable.:D ;)

Do you build any more boost going from 1/2 to full throttle? Is your bypass hose clamps tight? How are your plugs? It seems like it's not advancing timing, or not building boost. Can you put a fuel pressure tester on it and test it while driving and see if it climbs with boost lb. for lb.?

My 90 SC only has a few mods but it's definately a big difference from 1/2 to full throttle.

Do you build any more boost going from 1/2 to full throttle? Is your bypass hose clamps tight? How are your plugs? It seems like it's not advancing timing, or not building boost. Can you put a fuel pressure tester on it and test it while driving and see if it climbs with boost lb. for lb.?

My 90 SC only has a few mods but it's definately a big difference from 1/2 to full throttle.

yea it could be the plugs i did them like say 30-40000 miles ago with the hg's i didnt think of thos. boost builds up to about 11 psi and wot when its cold i could hit 12-14 psi no pulley some exhaust but the 12-14psi is at like 5500 rpms :rolleyes: and i think i hit like 15psi at 6000rpms but my stock sc aint gonna hit that again.;)

Mine at 1/2 throttle goes about 8 psi and if I go to the floor it's about 11 and slowly climbs as the engine speeds up. My max is 13 according to my gauge but it's not 0 with the car off so maybe 14. I have a 10% pulley, no cats, no mufflers, cold air intake, underdrives, IC fan, 190 lph pump, 70mm maf. This is on an auto w/ lentech vb.

Mine at 1/2 throttle goes about 8 psi and if I go to the floor it's about 11 and slowly climbs as the engine speeds up. My max is 13 according to my gauge but it's not 0 with the car off so maybe 14. I have a 10% pulley, no cats, no mufflers, cold air intake, underdrives, IC fan, 190 lph pump, 70mm maf. This is on an auto w/ lentech vb.

wow lot of mods compared to me my trans has been rebuilt but im not sure if its any better then stock but it shifts way better. im stock pulleys, got a cone filter at the end of the mafs i noticed also when i first nail it the car like blogs for a sec (i cant notice it but i can hear it in the intake) and then it whines hard and go's and if i hit over 1/2 throttle it dont seem to get any faster then wot.

wow lot of mods compared to me my trans has been rebuilt but im not sure if its any better then stock but it shifts way better. im stock pulleys, got a cone filter at the end of the mafs i noticed also when i first nail it the car like blogs for a sec (i cant notice it but i can hear it in the intake) and then it whines hard and go's and if i hit over 1/2 throttle it dont seem to get any faster then wot.

How many miles are on your car ? Sounds to me like your average bone stock 175-200K long in the tooth Super Coupe. If it's an AOD, then that just makes it worse.

David

How many miles are on your car ? Sounds to me like your average bone stock 175-200K long in the tooth Super Coupe. If it's an AOD, then that just makes it worse.

David

cars got 109,000 miles what your mean by this (Sounds to me like your average bone stock 175-200K long in the tooth Super Coupe)

and yes its an aod

cars got 109,000 miles what your mean by this (Sounds to me like your average bone stock 175-200K long in the tooth Super Coupe)

and yes its an aod

It means that when they get old...they don't run so good anymore, kinda like people. Another thing to keep in mind....even fast SCs don't feel very fast because the car is fairly heavy and the long wheel base makes it more stable.

David

It means that when they get old...they don't run so good anymore, kinda like people. Another thing to keep in mind....even fast SCs don't feel very fast because the car is fairly heavy and the long wheel base makes it more stable.

David

yea i just think its me tryin to make somthing wrong i better stop b4 i break somthing worst:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

thanks guys

Back