fuel cut

SVT_BIRDSC

i think the tbird sc is hitting fuel cut the pump isnt pumping enough fuel at wot and do i have to drop the gas tank to put a pump in how hard is it

Last edited:
Yes you should drop the tank, and no it is not to difficult, just a couple of straps that need to be loosened. They could be a little rusty, but nothing that a little WD-40 or PB blaster can't take care of.
Some people have accessed the fuel pump from under the back seat without dropping the tank, you will have to do a search to find out exactly where to cut.

Work on your spelling and punctuation; you are more likely to get a response if people are able to understand you. What is "ant"?

Last edited:
fuel cut?

I know the car has either fuel or spark cut off at like 6200 rpm.

If your car is falling on it's face below that I'd check fuel pressure and put in a new filter first. Also are you sure you are having a fuel problem and not an ingnition problem?

I have a hard time understanding some of your posts also, just hard to get the point out of what I read.

Yes you should drop the tank, and no it is not to difficult, just a couple of straps that need to be loosened. They could be a little rusty, but nothing that a little WD-40 or PB blaster can't take care of.
Some people have accessed the fuel pump from under the back seat without dropping the tank, you will have to do a search to find out exactly where to cut.

Work on your spelling and punctuation; you are more likely to get a response if people are able to understand you. What is "ant"?

I think he means "ain't".

Don't you also have to remove or loosen part of the exhaust system as well to drop the tank? I'm having a shop do the fuel pump R&R for ~$120. I'm supplying the OEM Motorcraft pump. I have read here where others have tried cutting through the metal under the seat to gain access. The risk is too great of cutting wires or fuel lines in my opinion. My pump has been making noise for the last few thousand miles (90,000 total) and the car will stall with less than 1/2 tank of fuel when it gets hot. I figure the pump is not cooling properly and it's just a matter of time before it fails completely.

Back