twin turbo

9552fred

i put a 4.6l police pack in my 90 sc. do you have any idea for companie make twin turbo for this setup

Well lets hope it's atleast got P.I. heads and intake and cams. 260 hp. Not much special about the police cars engine. It had a bigger alternator, 3.27 gears, shift kit in the 4R70W, stiffer springs, steel wheels, not sure what else. Personally I wouldn't swap out the 3.8L SC for a PI 4.6L 2V but whatever floats your boat.

HP Performance in New Mexico makes turbos for 4.6L but if you want custom done, don't waste your time. They had Frank's SC for almost 2 years and it was just collecting dust in their shop while they blew sunshine up his ~~~ about the progress that they were making on a custom turbo kit that could be mass produced for the SC community. Sounded good, but they jerked him around and I wouldn't buy an intake manifold bolt or a valve stem from those shiesters.

The Police package 4.6 makes 225-235hp..depending on years...and only makes 301-303ft-lbs trq. No one makes a twin turbo kit for them..and not many companies make a twin turbo kit for 2v 4.6's anyway. A built 2v 4.6 can make great power with a single turbo....no sense in trying to do twin turbo.

i put a 4.6l police pack in my 90 sc. do you have any idea for companie make twin turbo for this setup

If you were able to do that swap and get everything working, building a custom turbo system shouldn't be very difficult for you. Biggest problem will be header clearance between the shock towers.

If you haven't done the swap yet, I suggest going with a 5.0 based motor instead of the 4.6. The transmission will be the same as what you already have and it's pretty easy to obtain the parts needed for the swap from a t-bird LX of the same year or a 94/95 mustang 5.0. The 302 based motor isn't nearly as wide as the 4.6 and will have much more room between the shock towers for headers and other exhaust pipes.

David

Last edited:
If you haven't done the swap yet, I suggest going with a 5.0 based motor instead of the 4.6. The transmission will be the same as what you already have and it's pretty easy to obtain the parts needed for the swap from a t-bird LX of the same year or a 94/95 mustang 5.0. The 302 based motor isn't nearly as wide as the 4.6 and will have much more room between the shock towers for headers and other exhaust pipes.

David

Couldn't agree more. 4.6L is a waste in SOHC form.

Saw a sweet yellow Mustang 4.6 2v in one of the Ford Mags recently. (PI heads and intake.) I think it made over 600 hp with a Kenne Bell kit. Very nice.

Back