pictures of 245 or 255 wheel?

BFG 255-50-16" Comp TA's

white1.jpg

I love the pipes on your SC!

How'd the BFG's work? They are about $20/ea. cheaper than the ET Street Radials and I was thinking of getting a set for my SC.

Thanks,
Are you planning to use them on the street or the track.If you want to use them at the track only get the MT because they are more sticky.My BFG drag radials works good on the street and at the track.Don't drive with drag radials on when it's hot outside because they will wear off very fast.

The pics in my member page were when I had 245/50/16 Falken Ziex on stock rims. Not sure if I had my lowering springs in yet.

I guess it doesnt help when they arent on the car yet. These are 245/50/18's on a 18x9 rim

Attachments

• 2455018.jpg
    2455018.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 77
90SC245.jpg

245 50 16 on stock rims with stock springs. This was before I shot the wheels black.

There are more at my gallery link below

Last edited:
Yeah, I have 255/50/16s on my 88 Mark VII, and they look too short to me.

The 245/60s are even shorter, so those are out...especially with the car at stock ride-height.

I was thinking of either 255/55/16s, or 235/60/15s. I want to fill up and fill out the wells a little bit more, you know?

what i have herd from my brother who worked at firestone is that 255's are a tigh fit and the tread isnt flat when on the rim. also that the tread contact is about the same as a 235 b/c of how tight they fit on stock rims. i have 245/50/16 kumhos and they stick like glue compared to the 225/60/16's i had. i think that 245's are as big as you want to go with every thing stock. mine clears the upper a arms in the front by about a half an inch.

Like I said, I have 255/50/16s on my Mark VII(same size rims:16x7) and they are too short visually. The wheel wells of the MN-12 are even bigger-looking, so that ain't the direction I'm going after.
On the Mark those tires sit flat, wear fine and handle great. And they don't rub on anything.

255/50/16's

I would get a good quality tire for if you plan to do some twisties, the car when I got it had some goodyear eagle tires on the front. Those tires would folder under when I got aggressive in corners, it would feel like bump steer. I have Dunlop SP 5000's and they do not induce the bump steer feeling around corners like the eagles did. Pictures are from 02'.

DrvFrt.jpg

PassSide.jpg

DrvRear.jpg

Wow, that white SC looks great! The tire width looks good, but they are still too short (for my tastes, anyway). The car looks a little under-tired from the side to me.

I just ordered Kuhmo 245/50/16's...willt ake a week ro some to come in. When they do ill post pics. Im not normally a Kuhmo fan but im getting a deal on these through work and i KNOW they will be betetr than the pepboy special 225/60/16's on there now.

Back