Removing Cruise Control

91_SC_BIRD

I don't use the cruise control at all, and my car is currently all appart for body work. I didn't even know that all that junk was hidden in the fender! I haven't looked at it too much, but it looks like I just have to disconnect the vacuum line that goes back to the tree, the throttle cable and the vacuum line that goes through the firewall. Where is it going too?? Is it ok to remove it?

Thanks,

Kevin

If it's functional, I'd leave it alone. The weight savings would be negligible, if that's what you're driving at. Always nice to have it available for a long trip, or for resale purposes. But, I would think pulling and plugging the vacuum line and disconnecting the electrical connector should do it. Unless the PCM is looking for a signal from the module. Might pay to consult an EVTM before making the final decision to delete.

JD

Well I guess I have no real good reason to get rid of it. As far as I remember, I don't think it works. The only thing I'm wondering about is the vac line that goes through the firewall, is it for the brake disengage?

Back