Anyone mind checking?

shadow357x2

Can someone out there look at the original sc rims for a 94+ and let me know what the ford part number is? I have a set here that favor the late model rims and am curious is they are for real or not.
Ive already looked at numerous photos and they match except for the center caps that came with them. Also the early style center cap wont fit the late style and not having a late set I cant check for sure.
Heres an example of the part number F6-1007-DA, yea I know F6 denote a 96 but that was just an example of the number thats stamped om the inside of the rim.

THX

S

Can someone out there look at the original sc rims for a 94+ and let me know what the ford part number is? I have a set here that favor the late model rims and am curious is they are for real or not.
Ive already looked at numerous photos and they match except for the center caps that came with them. Also the early style center cap wont fit the late style and not having a late set I cant check for sure.
Heres an example of the part number F6-1007-DA, yea I know F6 denote a 96 but that was just an example of the number thats stamped om the inside of the rim.

THX

S

idk i dont have a 94-95 but maybe ther 93 rims didnt they look like the 94-95's.

idk i dont have a 94-95 but maybe ther 93 rims didnt they look like the 94-95's.

Not exactly sure on that one, but I thought (you know how that goes) that the 89-93 had the old style.

S

Also, what are diameter of the newer style caps "IF" they are different than the early style?

Not exactly sure on that one, but I thought (you know how that goes) that the 89-93 had the old style.

S

Also, what are diameter of the newer style caps "IF" they are different than the early style?

yea im not sure but i thought 93's had the 94-95 style idk lol i tryed :rolleyes: ;)

89-92 had the non directionals.

93-95 had directionals.

96-97 LX Sports had the 93-95 wheels with a different center cap and the 93-95 caps might fit but the 96-97 wheels don't have the notch for the solid center cap.

Thanks for the reply, I got them for what I thought was a good deal. Being that they were 16" rims and 90% tread on the tires I couldnt pass it up. I was mainly curious as to the center caps.
As you mentioned above these dont have the notch in them for the center caps and the ones that are on them have the holes in them for the lug nuts. They came off a 95 lx and I didnt think that any of the birds except ours had the factory 16's on them, maybe Im wrong but thas the way I understand it.

S

They look like they could be directional, but they aren't. With the later wheels, there is actually a left and right wheel.

And I don't think LX's got the option for 16" wheels until 96? I could be wrong, but I've never seen an 89-95 with factory 16" wheels except for the SC.

-Melon

They look like they could be directional, but they aren't. With the later wheels, there is actually a left and right wheel.

And I don't think LX's got the option for 16" wheels until 96? I could be wrong, but I've never seen an 89-95 with factory 16" wheels except for the SC.

-Melon

k thanks for clearing that up;)

i think your wrong with that not sure tho. but i have a 92 and the wheels look directional. maybe not. or is it that no matter what they have the same look ether right to left:confused:

you are wrong, 89-92 had non directional rims and 93-95 had directional rims. also i have 2 96-97 sport rims on one of my 94 sc's and 2 94-95 sc rims, they're identical except for the center cap slot on the sc rims amd the sc center caps fit fine.

Ok form what I understand then , is the 96+ sports had the 16" wheel option available on them? I know they sure do look very similar to the sc style.
Hasanyone had the chance to get the sc part # yet for their rims? Fromwhat Im seeing I managed to get a set of sport rims but Im satisfied, heck the tires are so close to new that they were worth it anyway, and the rims are ok with me also because only a true sc enthusiast would spot the difference anyway.
Is there a way to maybe mod a set of sc center covers to fit?

S

Ok form what I understand then , is the 96+ sports had the 16" wheel option available on them? I know they sure do look very similar to the sc style.
Hasanyone had the chance to get the sc part # yet for their rims? Fromwhat Im seeing I managed to get a set of sport rims but Im satisfied, heck the tires are so close to new that they were worth it anyway, and the rims are ok with me also because only a true sc enthusiast would spot the difference anyway.

S

read my thread above , they fit. I have 2 sport rims on one of my '94sc's and the sc center caps fit fine.

S

I bought four 97 T-bird Sport wheels from someone over on TCCOA some time ago to mount some drag radials on and the guy sent four 93-95 SC center caps with the wheels. The only difference between the SC and Sport wheels is the SC wheels have a notch for popping the center caps off and the Sport wheels don't. The SC center caps fit the Sport wheels just like they fit the SC wheels.

Ok gotya, I was just referring to the link above that had the measurements. I appreciate all the input on this.

S

read my thread above , they fit. I have 2 sport rims on one of my '94sc's and the sc center caps fit fine.

Mitch, I'd probably notice that but it wouldn't be the first thing that popped out. Matter of fact I might even overlook it unless you asked me to help swap some wheels and then I'd say what the heck these are Sport wheels.

The look so close no one would notice. If you have a small flat head screw driver you can pop the caps carefully, the notch just gives you more room to pry.

Back