Reman Engines?

I was told the one I acquired had 1,500 miles it. [shrug] It blew up at 1,800. Completely useless - needed a total rebuild. Of course, others will tell you that is not the norm, and maybe so. ymmv I guess. If it has a full warrenty then you don't have much to lose except your time.

Don't know what else to say.

Ira

We use reman engines all the time. Any "new" ford engine and dodge/chrysler/jeep and ALL reman engines....any crate engine you buy from ford is technically a reman. Same goes for jasper.....I have never had a problem with any of them. Reman trannys yes...but thats another subject. As long as it has a warranty you should be fine....but stil iw ould make sure its a reputable company. Check the warranty and see if they pay for parts AND labor...some do..some dont. By the way if you go jasper...you can have them do over boring if you want and stroking...jus something to think about.

I have purchased a few engines from Auto-Zone over the years, and they sem OK. They are reman'd by an outfit named "Recon". For the price they are OK, but nothing high-peformance...just a straight rebuild.
I paid $1,200 for a reman'd 403 I put in a Trans/Am and it had no problems. I put about 70,000 miles on it before I sold it and it was good to go. But is was certainly not a hipo engine.Just a station-wagon motor...like the original 403 that came in it.
But that was several years ago. With all the crate motor deals out there today, there are probably some much better bargains to be had if you look around a little.

Back