PDA

View Full Version : NYC Crew

CarlisleLandOwn
03-29-2007, 12:16 AM
It was good seeing some of you guys. Glad everything worked out and we actually accomplished something other then drinking. I'll be back up in a few weeks. See ya then!

Pablo ... even though you have a g/f, your still the one for me.

Ira R.
03-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Does this mean you guys got Miller's car back together again!?? :p

Ira

Crash00527
03-29-2007, 01:04 AM
next car meet????:confused:

Miller
03-29-2007, 05:36 PM
haha nooo my cars in 1000 pieces, Basically waiting for Damon to come over and help me out.. hopefully saturday i hope i hope..... but We did hook Jasons wideband up to my car n found out im not running lean like my dyno sheets said... so with the knowledge of my car running sweet, I decided the next day to tear it apart...:rolleyes: but like i said, maybe 2morrow o0o0o0o...

i just need a tune.. hmmmm;)

Ira R.
03-29-2007, 06:08 PM
haha nooo my cars in 1000 pieces, Basically waiting for Damon to come over and help me out.. hopefully saturday i hope i hope..... but We did hook Jasons wideband up to my car n found out im not running lean like my dyno sheets said... so with the knowledge of my car running sweet, I decided the next day to tear it apart...:rolleyes: but like i said, maybe 2morrow o0o0o0o...

i just need a tune.. hmmmm;)

yea, and short redhead :p

Ira

Miller
03-29-2007, 08:45 PM
you mean little annie ? she was a cute little girl, and boy could she sing! saturday were putting in cam, heads, and lower intake...and ima get him to help me with the timing cover also shhh dont tell him haha... after that I plan on maybe another week or so to get everything together , bc I want to try and clean everything nice and such yehknooo

Ira R.
03-29-2007, 09:50 PM
I look forward to seeing the finished product. That car is really going to be something! You've put enough time and energy into it. We need to see it back on the dyno again when you're done.

Reminds me, I'm told there's a new sign up on the old Motion building in Baldwin advertising their new Dyno Jet. I'm going to try and check it out one day next week if I can get over there.

Be nice to have something a little more centrally located. Hope it's not another Mustang Magic though, where all Joe will do is hook you up, take your money and knock your car or try to sell you a chip that he won't tune because he only works on Mustangs :(

Shame too, because the tech running the dyno knows his stuff and they don't charge but $100 per hour.

Ira

Miller
03-29-2007, 10:23 PM
haha mustang magic is where i got my car dyno'd... and they raped me for $175 for the 2 pulls..... i wont be going back thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I hope everything works out for me with it once its all 2gether and i dont have any of the tuning issues or anything with it and i dont blow something up...eeeek

Ira R.
03-29-2007, 11:18 PM
haha mustang magic is where i got my car dyno'd... and they raped me for $175 for the 2 pulls..... i wont be going back thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I hope everything works out for me with it once its all 2gether and i dont have any of the tuning issues or anything with it and i dont blow something up...eeeek

Right. Forgot the get the extra $75 to stick the tube in the exhaust. I was there last spring to get my baseline runs and check the A/F.

Ira

Crash00527
03-29-2007, 11:25 PM

DAAAAMN did they at least use a condom? ha:eek: well my place did 3 pulls for 100 beans. OH !! but WAIT!!! he still charged me tax on cash and didnt give me back any change aaaaaand on top of that..he called me the next day to tell me "the guy that did your dyno gave you the wrong #' s"

XxSlowpokexX
03-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Funny becaus eteh A/F they gave miller was wrong!

Miller
03-30-2007, 12:10 AM
I should call them n be like BTW duuuuuuuuude, you guys suck ?

when they called, did they at least tell u the numbers were higher ?

CarlisleLandOwn
03-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Just a little fyi.

I'm not sticking up for anyone, itís just my opinion based on facts related to my experience and the cost of my equipment. Other shops may have less expensive equipment or lower overhead costs.

The replacement sensor for my wideband is around $200ish. It has a life of about 50 hours MAX reading leaded race fuel. If a car is burning oil, running methanol, or the ignition advance is too retarded it will last less time then that even on unleaded. If the car blows up on the sensor, consider it gone. So, letís take a best case scenario of 50 hours and divide it by $200. It would cost $4 per hour for replacement of a wide band O2 sensor best case scenario.

Now, figure in equipment purchase pricing. My wide band unit is almost $2,000. Factor into that my dyno costs $100,000 and I would have to pay a tech per hour to support the customer and make sure that someone doesn't accidentally break my $100,000 dyno... $175 an hour doesn't sound like a bad deal. Donít' forget the 220v electrical hook up used for the eddy currant brake or the cost of replacement straps. Again, just my opinion looking at things from a different angle.

Edit:
Also, for that price, you should get what you paid for, quality service. NOT improper numbers, and bad service.

Pablo94SC
04-02-2007, 04:24 PM
CLO,

Thanks for the Aleve. It really helped after all that time together.

Paul

CarlisleLandOwn
04-03-2007, 03:38 AM
CLO,

Thanks for the Aleve. It really helped after all that time together.

Paul

Damon said you liked it rough. :p