80mm MAF Question...

blueovaloh87

Ok i did a search and really didnt find a straight answer. I found a 80MAF from a lincoln Mark and what i want to know is..

1. All i have to do is swap the old out with the new right?

2. What kind of changes am i going to notice? (my car is stock except for a cone filter)

best bet, use your stock electronics and the 80mm housing.. thats what i did with my 90 red SC..

the other maf isnt calibrated for our 30lb injectors..

Youre going to need a tune or chip to get it running properly with the new MAF .. which is where you will gain most of your power from.

- Dan

using the 80mm with there electronics yea, since its calibrated for different injectors..

but not by using the SC electronics & 80mm housing ;)

80mm maf

so which is it?.....use my sensor or the one that comes with it?... and so were talkin minimal gains? for now...

to do it right (no tuning needed) use your SC electronics and the 80mm housing...

i thought it was clear? the 80mm electronics are not calibrated for your injectors

Last edited:
The electronics are calibrated to the MAF housing, not the injectors.

Using the stock SC sensor in the Mark housing isnt going to give an accurate reading and will affect your air/fuel ratio since the sampling tubes are not the same between the two MAF's. The only way to correct this is by tuning the car for the MAF.

- Dan

Back