Chugging at odd times need help on where to look

fighterpilot

Hi all I know this is a tough one but the last two days my new toy has been coughing at some point during driving. first off 89 SC Auto with 75k on the clock, it will chug chug when driving after warm up and I will nurse it along for a few moments in netural then all is fine, no lights on the dash or anything, it does idle real low (I think) around 500 rpm. I just need to know what to look for.
Things I was told were replaced by prvious owner? :(
*New seals for IC tubes
*New Ignition Sensoe Module
*New Crank and Cam sensor

Start with the simple stuff, plugs and wires can make a huge difference; also make sure your battery terminals are clean and (Very important) verify that the engine is well grounded (a loose ground will cause interminent misfires) there are ground straps that sometimes get left off after major work (head gaskets)

Update!!

On the way into work today the car was worse and I noticed that when I threw the car into netural it seamed to idle smooth and a few times it chugged again when I went back into drive... So Help me out this is driving me knuts driving the car this way... :(

On the way into work today the car was worse and I noticed that when I threw the car into netural it seamed to idle smooth and a few times it chugged again when I went back into drive... So Help me out this is driving me knuts driving the car this way... :(

how new is the dis it could still be goin bad...

honestly i think plugs and wires. it made a world of difference on my car. i was having nearly the same issues as u.

honestly i think plugs and wires. it made a world of difference on my car. i was having nearly the same issues as u.

me also i changed the dis and fixed it well atleast 1-2 weeks.

but my plugs do have about 40,000miles on them atleast, and it still does run a bit rough but its not doing the little bucking anymore. its just has a rough idle now.. soon as it get the money im doing plugs cuz the wires are just as old but are still looking new..

Update

I replaced the DIS module at lunch today and ran fine all the way home but it still kinda giggles at WOT I noticed this on the two times I was able to floor it it seams like it has a choke problem... even going around a turn caused some vibration...The next thing I'm going to change are spark plugs and wires.
what does everyone use Autolites but what temp range

Back