spout plug and octane plug

Bacondoggy

is there an octane plug on a 91? I know its supposed to be where you test for codes by the BAP sensor but I can't find one. Secondly, the SPOUT plug - I hear in order to reset idle, you need to take this out. How is this done? Do you take it out when the are's computer is on the re-learn stage? or if you completley clear out the memory, do you have to do anything with the spout plug? wouldn't taking the plug out during the re-learn stage mess the learning stage up?
One last thing - I know for the re-learn process you want to let it idle for about a minute, and the computer will save up to 40 ignition starts. I read about all the things you want to do with the car if the transmission is an auto, but if its a manual, all you have to do is the 1 minute idle?

If you disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then start the engine, the EEC will relearn its idle settings on its own. Nothing needs to be done with the SPOUT or octane plugs. Let it idle for 5 minutes and you should be good to go.

that is exactly where I thought it should be, but I have looked for a good 10 minutes and haven't found anything! I am confused lol. I see the SPOUT connector by the DIS, but I don't see the octane plug, or even a socket? I rebuilt the engine a while ago, but I can't remember if I ssaw one then either...

that is exactly where I thought it should be, but I have looked for a good 10 minutes and haven't found anything! I am confused lol. I see the SPOUT connector by the DIS, but I don't see the octane plug, or even a socket? I rebuilt the engine a while ago, but I can't remember if I ssaw one then either...

keep diggin all my connector plugs were berried in the tangle of messy wires.

Back