abs question

Rick Mink

I'm finally getting some time to work on the t bird again. She still hasnt moved since XR7 Dave stopped by and got a basic running program for me on the SCT chip. Thanks Dave. The Abs worked fine the last time the car was driven, maybe 2 years ago, but now I've got nothing. I replaced the abs relay already and a used master cylinder but still nothing. I noticed a wiring connection in the trunk on the driverside 1/4 that has nothing plugged into it. I will try to take a picture when I get a chance. Are there any electrical components related to the abs mounted in the trunk?? I already have the abs article by duffy but dont really trust my diagnostic skills with out a second opinion from someone who understands this stuff better. unfortunatly the shop that I trust wont touch abs and I dont really trust anyone else. I appreciate any help in this matter. I live near Allentown,pa so anyone interstest in a road trip gets all the pizza and beer they can handle.

Thanks,

Rick

Can you tell if the ABS pump motor is operating correctly......

Do a KOEO test and listen for the pump motor....

It should run for about 20 seconds and then shut off......

Then if you press on the brake pedal, you should here the motor run for a few seconds and then click off.....

nope. dead as a door nail. I can hear the relays clickity clicking but nothing from the master cylinder.

rick

ok, where can I get a pump? Prior reman?? I dont think that they are open anymore this week. anywhere else??

Rick

sweet! pm me with some details please.
I have one master cylinder out of the car, is there a way to test the pump motor out of the car??

Rick

Last edited:
Before you replace the pump be aware that a pressure switch will cause the exact same symptom. Hot wire the pump before you give up on it.

Back