Yeah i think its really time for motor mounts...

FineLineMtrSprt

Got the new upper and lower control arms in,new sway bar links and fresh alignment....buuuuut..found a couple things.

1. Ive been driving around with no power steerting res. cap for who knows how long. It was actually broken and wedged between the shock tower and p.s. res.

2. The Chrome intake tube between the throttle body and MAF had two wear spots pretty much rubbed through it. It was rubbing ont he shock tower. Its a cheaper CAI kit and from what ive seent he better nes from SCP and MP have a bend in them. This one was straight.

With that said i guess its really time for engine mounts...i think the engine is sitting just that much lower than it should and rocks just enough during its idle miss/stumble that the cap probably had a crack in it and cam off the p.s. res and got wedged and the intake tube being straight kept banging off the shock tower.

To fix the intake tube i just put some duct tape over it for now...and some foam weather stripping on the shock tower....I also ordered a SCP chrome intake tube and a9in conical filtr for the end of the MAF...the CAI currently has the filter mounted down below the engine compartment...but i dont like that..too high of a chance of getting hit by water.

I come to find out the correct SC p.s. res. cap is no longer ava. from ford...so i used a non-SC one and ti fit perfectly but would be a pain in the ~~~ to fully pull out and check the fluid with the washer bottle in it still.

I called auto zone and i can get the mounts for a little over 30 bucks with my discount...just need to know from you guys how much of a pain is it to do the engine mounts? I also found out that the ext. housing seal on the trans is leaking...well i call it the extension housing...right where the driveshaft connects to the trans...theres fulid spray on the trans tunnel from it...i really hope its jus the seal.

I have tires coming too since the front ones are kinda choppy from the balljoints being bad. They are Kuhmo blah blah something or others...they were under 80 bucks each my cost and are 245/50/16's and im sure worlds better than the junk pepboy specials that are on there now.

IM still chasing down the stumble/miss....i think its plugs and maybe one of the Taylor wires breaking down even though they are only like a year old. But ill also jst going to replace both all plugs and wires and do the seeping pass. side valve cover while im at it. Ive already done IAC and a coil pack.Does anyone know what ford plugs i should be running...i have a 10% pulley on it. Im assuming they should be one heat range colder...just wondering whick plugs

Vince

Here's a P/N list from my recent head gasket / motor mount project. Obviously, you don't need everything listed, but you can pick down thru the list and find some information that'll help. You might even find a few things to add into your project while you're at it:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86529

(list is at bottom of thread).

Good Luck,

JD

wait

i hope your not getting the stock type fluid filled mounts again. i got those from pepboys and the lasted a whole 6 months before breaking again. i would only get the solid rubber mounts, they have been in there for 3 yrs and still look like new.

Doing the mounts is always a pain in the butt. I found it much easier from the front of the car with the accessory brackets, etc off. The first time I did mounts was from underneath...that was a mess and frustrating. If I remember right, the passenger side was the real pain that time. I've even seen on a couple of SC's where a "mechanic" changed the motor "mounts" ...but the passenger side was the original, torn-in-half-fluid-filled mount. So I guess it wasn't just me that thought it was difficult.

Yeah it seems like its going to be pretty labor intensive....so who knows when i will actually get them done..hell i still gotta order the damn things lol

[hijack] Can someone post a pic of a solid mount vs. a stock mount? I may have solid mounts on my car... but I'm not certain. [/hijack]

How much did they run at AZ?? I'm accumulation the parts to do mine while the motor is out here pretty soon. How did thier prices compare to SCP or Spinning Wheels?? I am also doing the trans mounts too with solid ones...wonder if they have those at AZ??

I didnt even check the trans mount although i should. I think list they were 39 bucks each.I will get the part numbers monday....im off til then and they are just sitting there.

Back