How to read codes

fixmysc

Hi folks;
I'm just about to start working on the 95 sc I picked up for 400 bucks.
I just got a 1995 ford service and repair manual (CD version) off ebay for 75 cents! + shipping. It looks very detailed.
My question is this; I read a lot on these forums about codes. But I don't know if my 1995 is OBD I or II.
Also, is it worth investing in a basic code reader?, I'm thinking about the hand held models that I see so often on ebay. Otherwise I'm not sure how to read the codes. Any recommendations?
Are there any good articles here on reading codes? I've searched, but not found anything here yet for a rank amatuer accustomed to pulling bolts, not codes!
Thanks, Art

Thanks for the reply. The first link to carrel.net is for a mustang. I'm sure the electronincs are the same, but what about the physical location of the eec IV unit itself, is it in the same place on the TBird?
Also, the second link did not work, I get a message which states " sorry- not matches" when I click on it.
Thanks for your help in this
Art

in the diagram where it tells you where to puit the jumper, it is the same. You jam a paperclip in there....

the 2nd link, was to the search page, where i typed in paperclip... so just search that and you will find all your answers on that, because its been a while since I had to do it knock on wood, so I forget the exact procedure and I dont want to give you half of the steps and not the rest;)

Back