Now about this wheel hop issue...

FineLineMtrSprt

I was told by the previous owner the SC i picked up wheel hopped pretty bad at the track but ive found it to hop pretty good on the street given the right surface. The suspension is stock but the rear end has the FRPP center section with 3.55 gears and the cobra clutch pak in a rebuilt traction lock. Today i got a little wheel hop getting on it hard from a 10mph roll in 2nd gear. So im just wondering whats everyone else doing to combat wheel hop. I know how to treat it in stangs but not SC's lol

Some people use 1 or all of these.Poly bushings in the rear spindles,rear airlift bags,or a 1 3/8 rear sway bar.

Jay

If you're wondering about price my poly bushing kit was 165 for scp and the airbags are only 90 also from scp and they just install in you're rear coil springs.I think the sway bars are about 160 also.

Jay

Yeah ive dealt with the airbags before on stangs. Just not a huge fan of them. I's thinking about trying the poly bushings....any odd noises from yours?

Look at the bottom of your thread at the other threads that the system found related to wheel hop. It's been discussed heavily here with no definitive answer, so reading will help you draw your own conclusions.

Well ont here now are pepboys junk and they arent even balanced lol. I noticed that today...the front tiresa re obviously the old ones..they are dry rotted slightly on the side adn the rubber has sarted to break down but they have weights on the rims..the rears which are the new tireshave no weights on them at all. I have tires coming...fairly decent ones so we will see what that fixes....althouth they are 245/50/16's....which i just realized are about an inch shorter than 225/60/16's....but oh well.

how difficult are the bags to install? Looking at getting them possibly next weekend before opening day at the track. Also, Anyone that is familiar with "Lane Automotive"(they have a store in Watervalete, Mi) They offer the air bag kits for $78 I think. I know it's under $80. So, just a thought.

how difficult are the bags to install? Looking at getting them possibly next weekend before opening day at the track. Also, Anyone that is familiar with "Lane Automotive"(they have a store in Watervalete, Mi) They offer the air bag kits for $78 I think. I know it's under $80. So, just a thought.

They look easy to install but I haven't put mine in yet I'll have them installed in a couple days .I'm currently redoing my whole suspension.H&R springs,koni yellows,all new bushing etc.

Jay

Airbags are easy to install. If you have had your rear springs out then you can put in the airbags. You may have to drill a hole in the center of the lower control arm depending on your year, this is the relief for the bag nipple and hose to stick through.

I personally had airbags once and found them not helpfull no matter what air pressures I used in either side. I am currently and was at the time running poly knuckle bushings, poly IRS pumpkin bushings, poly filled and welded rear diff mount, addco 1-3/8 rear bar, and a steeda diff brace. Still wheel hopped on the track and street (broke 3 Raxles in the process) I bought some MT slicks for the track and BAM!! No more wheel hop at all. On the street I have some decent 275/40/17 rubber out back that usually melts into tire smoke before trying to wheel hop.

Just my .02, Chris

Back