New 3.8l Short block forsale

frdlvr30

This is a engine that i originally built to replace the blown engine in my SC. Then i decided i was gonna waste thousands more and build a high performance engine instead. The list consists of a low mileage 90 block, new crankshaft, new pistons(sealed power), new rings (sp), clevite77 main, rod, and cam bearings. Block was cleaned, checked and honed. Still stock bore. Stock cam shaft, new roller lifters, new timing chain, etc. Im asking 700.00 and ill work with you on shipping. I also have a new spare melling High pressure oil pump for a little more if you'd like it. I will mention that i am a master auto technician and that i assembled this engine myself. All the bearing oil clearances were checked, ring gaps, crank endplay, etc.. Run Mobil one in it and you shouldnt have any problems.

Last edited:
Stock rods, I assume? What's the CR of the engine after the rebuild? Timing cover still on? What cam is in it (model year/trans type if stock)?

It would be going into a 94, so I would be reusing my stock timing cover. Is the timing chain and tensioner new? What hardware did you use to hold it all together? Did you have the rotating assembly balanced after you built it? Are the SP pistons forged and full-floating, or similar to early model stockers?

This is a stock rebuild....Hyper pistons, bushed rods, new chain and tensioner. Hardware?? Are you asking if its got arp hardware?? No...

Cool cool... just wanted to make sure. :) I'm seriously conidering it. I'll get back to you soon when I figure out what I'm doing (build race block now, or temp engine and race block on the side). LOL

Cool cool... just wanted to make sure. :) I'm seriously conidering it. I'll get back to you soon when I figure out what I'm doing (build race block now, or temp engine and race block on the side). LOL

Get the damn thing running first and build the race engine later!! You know you're dieing to get that thing back on the road!!! :D

Ira

Get the damn thing running first and build the race engine later!! You know you're dieing to get that thing back on the road!!! :D

Ira

I know, I know... but I want to do it right the first time, not rebuild it again and again and again.

If I sent you a cam, timing cover, water pump, and windage tray for a 94/95, would you be willing to install them before pick-up?

Last edited:
Short block still for sale?

I sent you a PM but never got a reply back, is this short block still for sale?
You can email me - KeithDFW _at_ tx.rr.com

Paul just get the damn motor, and we will put all of that stuff on ourselfs...... stop screwin around, you cant afford a crazy all out race motor right now just like I cant, so why not settle with a stock block and bolt some stuff on HUH HUH

Paul just get the damn motor, and we will put all of that stuff on ourselfs...... stop screwin around, you cant afford a crazy all out race motor right now just like I cant, so why not settle with a stock block and bolt some stuff on HUH HUH

Let's hear it for a stock block!! :D ;) :p

Ira

I'm still recovering from the state raping me on taxes. After the 30th, if the motor is still available, I would be able to buy it.

yeaaaaaaa baby go into your PILE of nuts and bolts you have made, and start trying to sort it all out :p

I might have the woman chip in with me. While she likes riding around in the Cougar, I know she'd love riding around in Grace.

PS: Even if I put a new engine in, I'm going to have to replace the rotors and pads on all four corners, before I can drive her.

Back