porting heads

supraslow

well blew the hg and now im trying yo figure out how to pert my heads

ive never tried to do anything like this before so just looking for some advise

i have a dremel and im going to get some sanding stones just not sure what ones to get

any info would be great

I bought a couple of carbide cutters at Home Depot. One was tapered with a ball-end nose, and the other was a "drum" shape. I didn't use any stones; just cutters. I only port matched my heads and intake. I didn't do any bowl work at all.

JD

i pulled my heads off about 3 months ago just for fun. i gasket matched the intake side of the heads and the intake manifold, smoothed rough edges and polished. take the gasket that goes between the intake manifold and return plenum and gasket match that and polish.

dont gasket match the exhaust side just smooth out the sharp edge on the short side radius(you'll feel what im talkin about), clean all the crap out, and polish.

then have a 3 angle valve job done and resurface the heads. u need them to mate up to the block as flat as possible for a good seal.

other stuff i did while i had everything out anyway:

-motor mounts(y not if they look bad)
-water pump(if you're in the 100k in miles and its original, might as well do it now.
-ported exhaust manifolds(they're off the car anyway right ?)

hey thanks alot guys for the info ill try my best not to mess it up ha ha ill keep you updated tear down starts tomarow:eek:

Back