another problem, new symptom

Sharon Silver

The other day, while accelerating to WOT, I heard a loud pop and lost power. The car crused down and I caught a red light. It was idling rough. I crawled a block to the next red light and by then it was smoothing out. About a minute later I punched it again and it responded but lagged. This has gotten worse. I'm pretty sure I lost the gasket between the SC and the lower intake. Anybody got a good idea for a handy replacement?

Last edited:
i beleive wynn88 or fastfreddie or thunderroad , same guy has like 30 different names, sells a good gasket that has worked for alot of people, its better than using a rtv, rtv will work, but this gasket is nicer. do a search either in this forum or in the for sale forum, you shoud find something.

is it the one from top to blower

i beleive wynn88 or fastfreddie or thunderroad , same guy has like 30 different names, sells a good gasket that has worked for alot of people, its better than using a rtv, rtv will work, but this gasket is nicer. do a search either in this forum or in the for sale forum, you shoud find something.

if so should have one:D

new symptom

I haven't had time to check-out the gasket between the sc and the lower intake. I did find a huge vaccum leak in the line that runs from the forward side of the plenium to the door and beyond. That fixed one idle problem but another surfaced: two days ago the car started running really warm, it started burning gas like crazy (like 3 gals to go 12 miles,) and when I shifted into park, the rpm went to over 2500 and the goose honk noise that sometimes occurs at shutdown was sounding loudly, while running. It just did it again. This time I revved the engine to 3000, which took more than 1/2 throttle, and then it just barely coasted back down to 2500. I shut down and restarted, the problem was gone. Additionally, I have an erradic boost problem, part of which I know is related to a poor seal between the upper pipe and the sc top (anybody know where to get a tube that will hold up to 12 lbs?) I'm unsure that the plenium gasket has a problem but how do all these symptoms relate?

Last edited:
the rpm went to over 2500 and the goose honk noise that sometimes occurs at shutdown was sounding loudly, while running. It just did it again. This time I revved the engine to 3000, which took more than 1/2 throttle, and then it just barely coasted back down to 2500. I shut down and restarted, the problem was gone. Additionally, I have an erradic boost problem, part of which I know is related to a poor seal between the upper pipe and the sc top (anybody know where to get a tube that will hold up to 12 lbs?) I'm unsure that the plenium gasket has a problem but how do all these symptoms relate?

the goose honk noise and high idle is your idle air control valve gone bad, not too uncommon, mine did the same thing.

as for the boost leak. try bill at supercoupe performance he will have something for you. his number is 513-697-6501

Back