Hose for mechanical oil pressure gauge...how to fix?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
35th sprang a leak in one of the steering hoses...i had to take appart the drivers side of the engine to change the darned hoses...in any case, while fiddling with the bracket/steering pump i snapped the hose going into the fitting at the T. I took out part of the fittings and I saw that the little piece of plastic hose still in there had at the end a small ball looking thing that apparently prevents the hose from coming out when the oil is pressurized. I tried re-using that little ball but you cant really squeeze the remaining hose into it. Any suggestions? So far I went to Lowes and bought a cap for the T block so I can use the car.

FYI, this is for an autometer mechanical gauge. As far as I know its illegal to have a mechanical gauge inside the car but hey...thats how i bought it. I have plans to change that and the mech. water temp gauge to electrical gauges, but down the line.

I ran braided stainless steel hose with AN fittings to my mechanical oil pressure gauge that is located in the A-pillar. Legal or not, I don't trust the plastic tubing.

It's illegal to have a mechnical gage inside a car?

Autozone sells a copper line kit in the section where they have the gages.

It's illegal to have a mechnical gage inside a car?

Autozone sells a copper line kit in the section where they have the gages.
I don't know Kevin. I do know it's illegal to have a mechanical fuel pressure gauge, but I'm not sure about other mechanical gauges.

Back