Kooks Long tube pavement scraping?

Wanted1990SC

I thought i read on here some time ago that people with long tube headers occasionally scraped them on the pavement. Maybe I was drunk at the time (been known to happen :rolleyes: ) and it didn't happen, but I was wondering if this was an issue with them. Maybe with lowered cars?? Anyone out there that have them installed, I'd appreciate some feedback! thanks!!!

My car is lowered with eibachs 1.5" i dont have a prob with the headers scrapping its the location they put the O2 bungs. the O2 sensors actually hang lower and thats the first to hit and actually possibly get knocked off. One day i may have them moved to a better location.

My car is lowered with eibachs 1.5" i dont have a prob with the headers scrapping its the location they put the O2 bungs. the O2 sensors actually hang lower and thats the first to hit and actually possibly get knocked off. One day i may have them moved to a better location.

so you mean to tell me they charge rediculious amounts of money for the kooks headers and they o2 sensors scrap on the pavement. Thats redulious

yup. if u buy some i suggest you relocate the bungs more off to the side than down before you install them. good thing about them is they are easy to install with the motor in the car. easier than the mid lenghts i've had both.

I kinda thought they looked funny. Don't have the motor in the car yet, but popped extra for the jet-hot. guess i'll be buying extra O2's!!!

Back