new 93 sc

sctbinde

hey i just purchased a 93 sc and i was wondering a few things. i purchased this car cheap $700 well it has a blown head gasket ( we think )..the story is the guy bought 2 yrs ago and drove a bit well alittle over a year ago motor seized so he dropped in a rebuild. well six monthes later he's going down the road and he said white smoke was trailing behind him from the exhaust. well when he pulled over he opened the hood and coolant was everywhere. he then noticed a rip in a hose by the supercharger pulley ( which hasnt been replaced i did see it myself ). i'm worried because if its a blown gasket its been sitting for 6 or so monthes with coolant on the pistons..if thats the case im going to trash this motor i cant afford a complete rebuild right now..so im wondering 1 what you think based on the facts given head gasket or something else?..also will a 5.0 bolt up the engine bay with using the sc auto trans..im going to run carbed 302 since i wont have to rewire the ecu..any thoughts and sorry for the long post

1- If the car did blow the hose as you discribed, it would blow steam out the rear of the car, but not out of the pipes. You may just need a short piece of hose, and your back in the game. :)

2-You could check the plugs and get a clue if its been full of water.
3-You could drain the oil into a clear container, and see if you get anti-freeze to pour out before you get oil.

4-You could have a leak down test done on your cooling system.

5-Or you could join the "Head Gasket Club" and jerk the thing apart and do the fix. By the time your done you will either love the car. or trade it for a three legged dog, then shoot the dog.:eek:

Back