Done with rebuild except for 1 piece

koopa169

OK i am completely done with everything rebuilding my motor and getting everything put back in the car. The problem is i dont know what this peice is. Its 2 1/8 or so plastic tubes taped together and there is a T fitting on there that looks like it would go in a valve cover (the size of a pcv valve). There is no holes that i have found to put it in though. I must have got in a hurry and forgot this peice im going to try and attach pics. If anyone can tell me what this is and where it goes that would be great. ok i got the crappy pics on here.

Attachments

• IMG_1061-2.gif
    IMG_1061-2.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1062-2.gif
    IMG_1062-2.gif
    10 KB · Views: 152
ok hopefully these ones are better

Attachments

• IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 102
It doesn't really look like it...but there is a tube that goes into the driver side valve cover, over to the air intake hose. The PCV valve is on the passenger side valve cover. That fat end sure like like it goes there, but the rest is different. This is out of a '90 SC right?

It looks like it would go in the valve cover but it cant. ive got the tube that goes from the drivers side to the air intake tube ad ive got the pcv valve in the other valve cover. I also cant seem to find any of that size line that are open. I think ive got all that size line covered. I have 2 of these becuase i had a parts car and my 90 35th. im just wondering if it has to do with the egr valve that my car doens have because its a 90. this is the only part that i have come across in the whole process that i cant remember or find where it goes.

I always have one part that's left over - whether on accident or intentionally. :D

I'll try to get out tonight to look at my parts cars and see what they can tell me...

The car most likely will tell you if it is needed. If everything seems/sounds fine, then don't worry about it.

Looks like it may something to do with the windshield washer sprayer. I don't remember taking anything like that off when I pulled my engine.

I think it might be related to the charcoal canister. I'm pretty sure it's not for the PCV or windshield washers. Could possibly be for the EGR.

i havent found where it goes yet on my own so still looking. I dont have the ac canister installed anymore and i looked at it, doenst look like it goes there. I also have no egr valve cause its a 90. the thing that is getting me is that there are no open lines that it would go in. I'll check the cruise lines and see whats there. I know its not the washer cause i have those lines. IM going to try and refrence the ford part # and see what i get. I think that it must have to go somewhere because i get a sparatic rpm while ideling. it will sit around 1600 then crack up to 2500 and then back to 1600 or a little lower. i also seem to have no breakes but the tank is completely full. OK i sould not have mentiond that cause i dont want this tread to turn into something else. I appreciate the help i hope somone can come up with where it goes if i figure it out i will definatly post it.

Back