Mark 8 Rear

esgtbird

I have a mark 8 rear it is not a trac lock but it is a aluminum housing and has a 3.27 gears in it.

1. Does this bolt right up in my 90 sc?
2. does anyone make a locker for this rear?

thanks for you help

I have an aluminum Mark VIII housing in my 'bird with an Auburn diff and 3.55 gears. In general anything that fits a regular 8.8 fits the Mark VIII housing. You'll just want to get a center section that is made for an IRS since the clips that hold the axles are different from a straight axle 8.8 diff.

Also, the aluminum cases are a little more difficult to setup for pinion depth and backlash settings. So if you don't know how to set one up, be sure and pay someone who does!

Mark VIII = good

Hi esgtbird. I also built up a mark VIII pumpkin for my '95 auto last fall. I bought an old sc pumpkin off ebay as a donor for the locking diff. The diff gdliii has is one of the best. I've also heard good things about the Torsen. Or, just snatch the locker out of your iron pumpkin. Be sure and put a clutch kit in while it's out. There's a Ford dealer out of GA that sells the kits for about $40 on ebay. If your 90 is a 5-speed. You would be shedding about 12-15 lbs of weight off of the car. And, getting a little more punch from teh lower gear.

Daspanka

Back