PDA

View Full Version : air silencer bolts!

Supercoupe218
04-03-2007, 04:26 PM
someone on here told me what size i need so that i can delete the air silience and i went and bought them and...mis placed them :rolleyes: 3/4 right??

thanks

TwoToneThunder
04-03-2007, 06:13 PM
step 1
open tool box
step 2
remove sockets from tool box
step 3
find socket that fits bolt
step 4
get a extention
step 5
get a ratchet
step 6
assemble ratchet and socket
step 7
remove bolts
step 8
take off tire
step9
take out inner fender liner
step 10
remove air silencer

shadow357x2
04-03-2007, 06:18 PM
UMM
Step 11 put inner fender liner back in.

step 12 put tire back on.

step 13 make the kidsput the tools back up.

step 14 drink a beer to calm the nerves.

:D :D :D

S

If I remember right they are 10mm .

Supercoupe218
04-03-2007, 06:19 PM
step 1
open tool box
step 2
remove sockets from tool box
step 3
find socket that fits bolt
step 4
get a extention
step 5
get a ratchet
step 6
assemble ratchet and socket
step 7
remove bolts
step 8
take off tire
step9
take out inner fender liner
step 10
remove air silencer

yeah but i need to bolt the bottom on the air box back down, i dont want it flopping around....

shadow357x2
04-03-2007, 06:25 PM
From what Ive seen alot of the people here either make a plate or get one in the kits they order.
I fabbed up a piece of metal and center cut a 3" hole in it to accept the cai setup.
Looks kinda funky with the bootom of the box left in place.

S

TwoToneThunder
04-03-2007, 06:30 PM
i went to autozone and bought one of their cone filters for $25 with the rubber connectors and used a hose clamp to clamp it down hasnt given me a problem

doug93sc
04-03-2007, 07:04 PM
yeah but i need to bolt the bottom on the air box back down, i dont want it flopping around....

If you are keeping the stock air box and just getting rid of the silencer, rip the bolts off the silencer and reuse them to bolt the airbox back down.

Supercoupe218
04-03-2007, 08:51 PM
If you are keeping the stock air box and just getting rid of the silencer, rip the bolts off the silencer and reuse them to bolt the airbox back down.

i want to not tear it up...i want to keep all the factory parts just incase i want to go back to 100% stock...

04-04-2007, 12:39 AM
I debating doing the same thing mentioned above...I removed the silencer and cut the plastic around the top. Kinda hard to visualize, but I still have the center part where it bolts in the air box, but just have the little ram air thing.

Scott Long
04-04-2007, 11:18 AM
I used black zip ties to hold the box down once I took the silencer out. Then if you need it out of the way, cut the zip ties. No one can see them when the filter is in and the lid is closed, and if you ever need to remove it it's so much easier than trying to get a socket on the other end of the bolt inside the fender.

Of course now I have a cold air intake, but if I ever have to "look stock" it's getting zip tied back in.

Supercoupe218
04-04-2007, 03:30 PM
I used black zip ties to hold the box down once I took the silencer out. Then if you need it out of the way, cut the zip ties. No one can see them when the filter is in and the lid is closed, and if you ever need to remove it it's so much easier than trying to get a socket on the other end of the bolt inside the fender.

Of course now I have a cold air intake, but if I ever have to "look stock" it's getting zip tied back in.

thats a good idea...quick to put in and take out...thanks for the fyi

92sclikenew
04-04-2007, 03:58 PM

very good idea for kind of hiding your mods lol..stock air box makes you think stock car... but you still can never know...

Scott Long
04-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I love zip ties.

92sclikenew
04-05-2007, 07:10 PM
I love zip ties.

me also
lol but dont buy the cheap ones they break in the winter :eek: :eek: ;) :rolleyes: