Headlight lense restoration...

Kit Sullivan

I tested out a new product in in our shops today, and it looks pretty good. Takes only about 10 minutes to do both lights, and with no tools. Just easy hand-applied pressure.
I did several different vehicles, and while some were better than others, thay all came out pretty good.
I like the service.

basically, its just wet-sanding the lkenses using 400, 1000 and 2000 gri papers, then sealing it with an acrylic sealer. The acrylic cures in about 1/2 hour.

Not bad!

Attachments

• T-Bird car show blurb 001.jpg
    T-Bird car show blurb 001.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 108
  • T-Bird car show blurb 007.jpg
    T-Bird car show blurb 007.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 110
Those results are awesome. I, however, am a big fan of replacement. $40 each t-bird headlamps, cant go wrong. Brand new crystal clear.
http://www.rockauto.com

Maybe for the 94-95's but the 89-93 are $72 and change each as they are out of the economy line. So far ebay has been cheaper that have seen. As for the headlight lens resto kit is that the one that permatex makes?

No, this is one that is made for our company by our chemical vendor. We tried the Perma-Tex kit for a while, but it does not work nearly as well. The kits cost us $40 each, and it comes with everything needed to do the job.

The big difference is the wet-sanding liquid and the acrylic sealer. The first really helps the paper 'cut' more than water ever did, and the sealer is expensive but does a great job.

There is no brand name: It's made for us by our chemical vendor. It's the same product that Firestone is selling in thier service centers for $119 for the service.
I've tested most of the others out there, and this is the best so far. The Perma-Tex product is crap compared to this.

Back