P/S Pressure Line

birds4us

Has anyone successfully repaired the steel part of the P/S pressure line? I can get the rubber part repaired, but I have a spot where the oil pan has rubbed a hole in the steel part. Now I guess I will replace the engine mounts and the front cover seal as well. I was hoping to hold off until I got the other car on the road before I needed to do any major repairs on this one.

Im not sure about up where you are at, but we have a company that is call "hose boss" they are mobile and can come to you or you can go to their shop. I have had all sorts of oddball things made by them and havent had a problem yet. As a matter of fact I had a ps line made about a year ago from scratch and the fit was perfect they had the rubber hose and custom bent the metal tubing.. Maybe you are lucky and have a company like that up their in the Hampton Roads area.

S

PM me some contact info for them, I don't live near Hampton Roads, but maybe I could send them the hose, and they could repair it.

I have successfully cut out the section of tubing where the hole is and replaced it using compression fittings and a new length of tube.
(I remember I really had to torque those nuts down to prevent leakage).

Back