HELP! Same issue more info Chugging Choked out

fighterpilot

From my previous post I have a 1989 SC automatic 76,000
New seals for IC tubes, Ignition Sensor,Crank and Cam sensor Also
I have had the Dis module replaced and it seamed to help for a day but my gremlin returned ...
One thing I did notice is that when it starts to buck me out of my seat if I through it down to low gear it will not be as bad and I can at least keep up in traffic til the next light. Then I can put it in Netural and let it idle for a moment fefore I take off again and its fine... Also at WOT the car shimmies and shakes through the sterring wheel, but only when the car is rolling from a dead stop its OK. .... is this a trans issue?

Sorry for the long post but I'm an Idiot and Need all brain cells for this one:cool:

From my previous post I have a 1989 SC automatic 76,000
New seals for IC tubes, Ignition Sensor,Crank and Cam sensor Also
I have had the Dis module replaced and it seamed to help for a day but my gremlin returned ...
One thing I did notice is that when it starts to buck me out of my seat if I through it down to low gear it will not be as bad and I can at least keep up in traffic til the next light. Then I can put it in Netural and let it idle for a moment fefore I take off again and its fine... Also at WOT the car shimmies and shakes through the sterring wheel, but only when the car is rolling from a dead stop its OK. .... is this a trans issue?

Sorry for the long post but I'm an Idiot and Need all brain cells for this one:cool:

have you done plugs cuz from your list i dont see that you have witch is about the last thing left (at least that i can think of)

Those can be symptoms of either the DIS , cam sensor , or mass airflow sensors going bad----are there any codes to be read from the computer?...Dan

We had some old codes stored don't know if they were before the rplacement of the cam/crank sensor so we reset them... and I have not checked them again.... and as far as plugs and wires go that is the only thing left that others have suggested and I'm still waiting to find out what type to get I was told to go a little cooler plug but I need to know what type to get along with wires...

do the plugs and wires. go with motorcraft for the wires and spark plugs.

if ur staying mostly stock, maybe a few mods just get the normal dbl. platinum motorcraft plugs. i think they're 34PP (or FF).

do the plugs and wires and i 99.9% guarantee it will run a hell of alot better.

Back