Wheel Adapters

Supercoupe218

has anyone ever used a set? if i went with wheels from a 2005+ mustang would the wheel come right to the lip of the fender? i dont want them to stick out.....i can get a set of 05 gt bullits for 350 with good rubber....this would be a short term thing till i was able to gather the parts for a mustang hub swap and whats all needed but first i want to make sure i like the wheels....

thanks.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=220096954115&rd=1,1

i used some 1" thick wheel adapters a few years ago and with the ones you're looking being 1.25" thick your wheels will definitely stick out past the fenderwells but on the other hand it will allow you to try out the mustang rims to see how you like them. i did the hub swap and have never looked back, one of the best mods on my car and i've got the look and the rims that i wanted, check out my members page.

i used some 1" thick wheel adapters a few years ago and with the ones you're looking being 1.25" thick your wheels will definitely stick out past the fenderwells but on the other hand it will allow you to try out the mustang rims to see how you like them. i did the hub swap and have never looked back, one of the best mods on my car and i've got the look and the rims that i wanted, check out my members page.

what kinda of wheels are those?

you still have the adapters? if i was able to find 1" thick ones do you think it will come right the fender lip?

you still have the adapters? if i was able to find 1" thick ones do you think it will come right the fender lip?

i sold them a long time ago but even with a 1" adapter i believe the rims would stick out even with a +40mm 17x8 mustang rim but not a whole lot. my friend put 2005 stock mustang bullitts 17x8 on his wifes 95 lx with the hub swap and they're tucked in pretty decent, i say try it.

i sold them a long time ago but even with a 1" adapter i believe the rims would stick out even with a +40mm 17x8 mustang rim but not a whole lot. my friend put 2005 stock mustang bullitts 17x8 on his wifes 95 lx with the hub swap and they're tucked in pretty decent, i say try it.

what all else is involved with the hub swaps? whats years can i use parts from? what all parts do i need?

how much do you think total a mustang hub swap would cost? depending on how much total i may just buy the wheels made for our cars but the only think that i dont know about is i dont want chrome or polished...i want the gun metal with polished lip... and so far i havent seen anyone that sells them for our cars like that...

You can get 05-06 GT 17" take-offs with tires for $275 from Saleen. They sell off the stock stuff from the cars they convert. Someone probably bought a ton and put them on ebay to make a profit.

Back