dash...89-93 and 94-95

Ryan218

my whole dash has to come out so that i can fix the heat and a/c and i was wonder if while it is out how hard it would be to put in a dash front a 94-95 sc? what is all involved with it? what would have to be changed?

thanks

you'd need the dash, climate head unit, door panels, and center console from a 94-95 car. I have heard the mounting bolts aren't lined up so you may have to fabricate the mounting tabs for the dash.

ok scratch that...ill leave the dash that is in it the way it is...

hmm...i may try it actually....i love the 89-93 front ends and the 94-95 interior is my favorite

hey shane do you mean the like grinded off and re welded?

could i use a dash from a 94-95 base thunderbird or dose it have to be from a SC?

edit...i did a search and can find people talking about it but none that has ever really done it?

any and all info to this would be appreciated....or if you have a picture of a 89-93 sc with the dash out and a 94-95 sc with the dash out i would love to see the pics...

Last edited:
Rod did a write up, its in the Member's section.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65479

He welded in the whole upper piece of the firewall to his own for the upper mounts.

I have a 95 Interior in my 91 Bird .. I cut and welded each bracket individually. But I used a complete 1995 donor car to build my 1991 with, wiring and everything else ( the only thing original was the body itself ) .. so the dash swap was more straight foreward. You may have to re-wire some stuff.

- Dan

He welded in the whole upper piece of the firewall to his own for the upper mounts.

I have a 95 Interior in my 91 Bird .. I cut and welded each bracket individually. But I used a complete 1995 donor car to build my 1991 with, wiring and everything else ( the only thing original was the body itself ) .. so the dash swap was more straight foreward. You may have to re-wire some stuff.

- Dan

wiring owns me...what wiring would have to be re wired?

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65479

- Dan

it wont let me open link? :confused:

It should work if youre a member .. goto the member section and its in the FAQ. Wiring, I guess that would depend on what you want to use, early or late model gauges, multifunction switch, etc .. you could use your original harness with the new dash ... I get crazy with my wiring.

- Dan

hmm? im thinking a may just leave well enough alone...looks like more work then i will be able to get done in a weekend by my self.. maybe ill just dye my dash black along with the door panels and call it a day.

Back