need 4r70w i think thats it

blownbird2

hey guys i need help again:eek: i have a friend with a 95 cougar with the 4.6 and he needs a trans. it doesnt slip but it bangs in to gears sometimes and and will go in to OD at like 28mph and he has to shift it himself to get it to downshift. im in staten island ny and he's in state collage pa so if anybody has anything near those areas let me know with and price
please pm me thanks matt:)

That trans will only work with the 4.6. Our 4R70W 3.8 trans will not bolt up so you might look over at tccoa.

Or call around to some junkyards or auto parts dismantler networks like Greenleaf or LKQ ..

I just picked up a Mustang 2000 GT Transmission with 35k miles for my 95 4.6 Tbird ( just need to swap out the electronics to make it work properly ) .. cost was $400 shipped to my door.

I have a spare 3.8 4r70w from my 94 SC after my 5 speed conversion if anybody is looking for one of those. :D

- Dan

I have a good one from a 1996 Mark VIII. Will sell with the converter for $200 + Shipping.

Thomas

Yes, it should bolt right up. If he wants to use the Mark VIII converter, which is slightly better, then he would have to get a flex plate from a Mark VIII or a Mustang GT. Otherwise he can reuse his converter and not worry about the flex plate.

Thomas

Back