Full length Radiator?

greenwood_60

Is there some other Thunderbird radiator that will run the full length, filling the space used by the intercooler? Maybe from one of the V8s? I am trying to figure out what sort of intercooling setup I am going to run, but that is flexible. A properly sized radiator is a higher priority.

Jason

Yes a full size radiator intended for a 5.0 based t-bird of the same year will bolt right into an 89-93 SC. The stock radiator is pretty thin, so I went with a griffin aluminum that has a 3" core. The 5.0 used a belt driven fan, so you may have to do some fab work to get your stock fan to work. I went with a mrk 8 fan.

David

ahh, I could have helped you out, I had one out of my 93, but after sitting for a year I just threw it away.

Cobra radiator will fit however it wont have a rad cap to fill it with:O)..Good fpr OHC motors..BAd for us guys

Plus the Cobra Radiator wont have a cooler for the transmission if you have an automatic.

I have a N/A 3.8 Radiator .. I think that may be a possibility, would have to double check on the radiator hose locations ..

- Dan

it's that 1" thickness that I have the problem with, that aint gonna sustain any high-speed pursuits whatsoever.

Haven't done the research...

If the Cobra radiator fits, but has no filler cap, why not change to the Cobra, or similar coolant recovery/expansion tank? Because it is pressurized along with the rest of the system it actually becomes part of the radiator instead of an afterthought. My understanding is that was the automakers' solution to more aerodynamic cars requiring smaller radiators, yet still needing coolant capacity. I haven't seen one of those tanks that's less than 1/2 gallon capacity.

Just a thought.

several cars out there have upper radiator hoses with the filler cap built into the hose midway. not sure if it could be adapted, but i know the 4.7L durango's had this setup...

what was the size on that radiator for the griffin aluminum .. and how much did it cost ..and where can i get one

Yes a full size radiator intended for a 5.0 based t-bird of the same year will bolt right into an 89-93 SC. The stock radiator is pretty thin, so I went with a griffin aluminum that has a 3" core. The 5.0 used a belt driven fan, so you may have to do some fab work to get your stock fan to work. I went with a mrk 8 fan.

David

The preasureized coolant tank is also nice bacuase it makes bleading all the air out of the coolant system much easier, and obvious.

Jason

Back