Fuel line pressure - Before the rail/regulator

Daspanka

Does anyone know how much pressure the supply and return lines that connect to the rail (from the pump) see? I want to replace my lines from under the car to the rail with some clamped stainless steel braided hose. It will hold 60 PSI according to the vendor. I know that some guys are seeing over 60 PSI on the rail past the regulator. But I don't know if the supply line sees that kind of pressure. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. I already have the hose, just uncertain about using it.

Thanks in advance!!

Daspanka

If the fuel pressure regulator were to fail in a bad way, the hose may not handle the pressure and clamps are not sufficient. You need proper pressure fittings on the lines. Clamped stainless steel fuel line is intended for mechanical fuel pumps, not EFI systems.

With the regulated system, the pressure is maintained through out the pressure side line via the regulator. So high side pressure shouldn't be much above the regulator setting.

Does anyone know how much pressure the supply and return lines that connect to the rail (from the pump) see? I want to replace my lines from under the car to the rail with some clamped stainless steel braided hose. It will hold 60 PSI according to the vendor. I know that some guys are seeing over 60 PSI on the rail past the regulator. But I don't know if the supply line sees that kind of pressure. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. I already have the hose, just uncertain about using it.

Thanks in advance!!

Daspanka

Supply side of the fuel system has as much or more pressure than at the rail, all the way back to the fuel pump. Return side doesn't have much pressure at all...just what it takes to push the excess fuel back into the tank (probably 2 or 3 psi).

David

Thanks guys

I bought a bunch of the braided line to do vacum lines, etc. and bought enought for the fuel lines too. You have confirmed my fear that it might not be up to the task, however. Looks like I'll need to go with the AN style fittings and hose if I want the steel braid.

Thanks again!!

Daspanka

Back