Supercoupe in a rock buggy IT'S COMPLETE, PICS on page 2

SC_crawler

Got all the piping done over Easter....

SC top...
IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

The top sits higher than I wanted, but it was the only way to get a proper weld on the tube/top plate seam on the inside of the bend (needed enough room to get the wire in there)

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

And the crawler, in current state

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

Last edited:
its a comprise between midwest trail riding and a rockcrawler. If I lived in NM like you, it would be an all-out crawler. Sometimes I really hate the midwest. I would love to live in northern NM, AZ, etc...

I have a competiton Memerial day, so I've been putting about 50 hours a week into this thing... I brought the bare chassis into my garage the first weekend in March, so its been a fast build.

Sweet. You are going to have to give me more info. about this project. Like which tranny you are running, what gears, axles, and other stuff. Is the engine stock? Why a high steer kit on that?

Chris

I got my new Petersons 4wd yesterday. There are TWO six banger rock crawlers in there. One of them has the SC engine in it and the other was a Poticrack GTP.

Chris

Sweet. You are going to have to give me more info. about this project. Like which tranny you are running, what gears, axles, and other stuff. Is the engine stock? Why a high steer kit on that?

Chris

C4 - Art Carr offroad valve body (rev man, comp braking)
D20 tcase - custom clocking ring, AA output shaft with 1410 yoke
Front HP D60 - 4.10 gears (for now), detroit locker
Rear sterling 10.25 - 4.10 gears, welded diff
High steering is needed to clean the H1 rims, due to the massive backspacing (tie actually hits the stock steering knuckle). Plus it just gets the full hydro ram up and out of the way.

Engine is rebuild, but I dont have paperwork to prove it... specs are 30 over, cam, modded SC, ProM maf, injectors, etc...

Last edited:
Thats a really neat project, I cant wait to see it finished!

I checked my petersons 4 wheel and off-road magazine and the article starts on page 98 and the rock crawler with the gtp engine is on page 99, and the one with the sc engine is on page 100. It does not give any detail on the swaps and it doesnt have any engine shots. I'll see if i can scan it in later.

Thanks blackXR. I dont know how to scan and do all of that nonsence. But I tell you, I was surprised. I wondered about the spacing being the main reason but had to ask. I have not heard anyone talk about the high steer working better, in fact, from what I hear, its worse. I do not imagine you will have any problems though, being that it will not see any street time. Keep us posted.

Chris

I have not heard anyone talk about the high steer working better, in fact, from what I hear, its worse. I do not imagine you will have any problems though, being that it will not see any street time. Keep us posted.

Chris

most people run highsteer for better angles, more clearance and increased steering angle (kind of)

why do you hear it is worse? I ran high-steer on my old CJ-8 and it worked great, but that was hydro-assist .. hare are pics. Notice the tie-rod is behond the axle

IMG_1791.jpg

Hmm, you're not the only one that thought the down low torque of the M90 powered v6 would work well on the rocks.

My only question would be reliability. Lots of moving parts.

what are you using for a transmission trans case?

C4 - Art Carr offroad valve body (rev man, comp braking)
D20 tcase - custom clocking ring, AA output shaft with 1410 yoke
Front HP D60 - 4.10 gears (for now), detroit locker
Rear sterling 10.25 - 4.10 gears, welded diff
High steering is needed to clean the H1 rims, due to the massive backspacing (tie actually hits the stock steering knuckle). Plus it just gets the full hydro ram up and out of the way.

Engine is rebuild, but I dont have paperwork to prove it... specs are 30 over, cam, modded SC, ProM maf, injectors, etc...

from above

most people run highsteer for better angles, more clearance and increased steering angle (kind of)

why do you hear it is worse? I ran high-steer on my old CJ-8 and it worked great, but that was hydro-assist .. hare are pics. Notice the tie-rod is behond the axle

QUOTE]

Yeah...I have heard that. I dont know for myslef though. And it is for all around street driving as well. I do not know why it would be any different at all in the first place provided the angles were correct. Maybe the geometry on the bronco stuff is off in the aftermarket kits....but that does not make sence:confused:

Chris

Back