F150 hood opinions

7birdslater

I drove my 05 F150 to Illinois last week and got hail damage all over my hood and roof. Its the second time this truck has had hail damage and its only got 14K miles on it. The hood was conventionally repaired, but this time the insurance company wrote up paintless dent repair. I dont want to even fix this hood again so im looking at options.

Ive found the RK-Sport Eliminator fiberglass hood and it looks like the least gaudy of the ram air hoods. And its fiberglass so no more hail dents.

Im looking for an opinion of a ram air hood on this otherwise stock truck???

newtruck1.sized.jpg

I guess in the absence of an opinion, I went with my own. :) I couldnt find anyone with a Ford truck hood from RKsport. I ended up buying it off Ebay from RKsport direct for a bit less than their catalog. Now to get it shipped without a forklift hole through it. :)

22fc_1.jpg

I am aware of the "temp extreme" tricks that people try with hail. Its just that none of them worked on the alluminum hood. The dents are all creased at the bottom and will not go away. The dents on the steel roof were more cratered and did pull mostly out with heat.

Back