what do lucas 42# injectors look like ?

thunderkid84

just a quick simple question :

i bought 42# lucas injectors from a member here. they look great and all but the thing that got me was they had little clips on them and 5 were blue colored and 1 was green.

can someone shed some light here ? what size injectors do i really have ?

so i have one 42# and who knows what the other 5 are. great. i waited a month to find someone with 42#'ers and i get one.

ok, will there be a problem if i try to run the engine like this ?

so i have one 42# and who knows what the other 5 are. great. i waited a month to find someone with 42#'ers and i get one.

ok, will there be a problem if i try to run the engine like this ?

No you don't want to run an engine with mismatched injectors.They all need to be the same size and type.If not you'll run into problems.You'll also need a chip or a maf to dial you're computer into the new injectors.

Jay

I have a set of Bosch injectors that are tan and not the typical green for 42's, but the owner had them converted. They came with a pressure/ flow data sheet showing the performance of the injector. There is a speed shop here in my city that converts 42's to 60's etc. Can you check with the seller what the story is.

i asked the owner after i got em if he was sure they were 42's and he said that he was told when he bought them they were 42's. but the color of the clips is telling me otherwise.

i also asked who he got them from and he said a member on here but couldnt remember the name.

so heres what im thinking :

i can ask for my money back in return for the injectors and buy some 42's from somone else
-or-
keep them and just buy another 36# injector.

could someone take a look at my member page and see if 36#'s would be enough to keep up w/ my mods.

I would go with 42s 36# injectors will run out in a hurry once you start making mods I just got rid of a set of 42s and went with 60s.

I'd go with the 42's, even though I did run about the same mods you had minus the heads with 36's running 19lbs of boost from a 94 blower @10%OD. I just upgraded from the 36's to 50's, better to have too much than not enough.

Also did you get the regular 255 pump or the FI high pressure pump?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-42...012QQitemZ220099305576QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Blue lucas injectors.

I have 42# blue injectors in my car. Last I checked they were for GM applications. I think they have a different color for ford OR maybe the pintle design is different?

Either way those are 42# and they are in my car.

the body on mine is silver color, not black.

so maybe i have 5 GM 42's and one FORD 42 ??? lol

I'd go with the 42's, even though I did run about the same mods you had minus the heads with 36's running 19lbs of boost from a 94 blower @10%OD. I just upgraded from the 36's to 50's, better to have too much than not enough.

Also did you get the regular 255 pump or the FI high pressure pump?

i think its just a regular one....it'll do for the mods im doing.

Is there any part#'s on them if so you could just contact lucas and see what they "actually"are.

Jay

i can do that but im tdy in vegas (military) and i wont e back to look at the injectors til the 28th. i wanted to see if anyone knew off hand what they looked like and what i had.

i can do that but im tdy in vegas (military) and i wont e back to look at the injectors til the 28th. i wanted to see if anyone knew off hand what they looked like and what i had.

Why don't I ever get tdy's to vegas.You lucked out I'm military also.Been tdy to alot of places but never vegas.

Jay

haha...and this is my second time in less than 2 yrs. im here for 3 weeks tho and i already miss my son. another bad part is per diem is only $12.50

Back