Timing Chain Set

kenewagner

Where is the best place to order a timing chainset from. Started out just replacing head gaskets, than I ported the heads and had bigger valves installed, now I have a cam coming. Every project I do on my SC always seems to take on a life of its own and grow.:rolleyes:

Ken

Ken but it grows into something wonderful!...I would say just get a factory replacement. I'm unsure if anyone has any failures with factory chains but they seem sturdy enough

Ken but it grows into something wonderful!...I would say just get a factory replacement. I'm unsure if anyone has any failures with factory chains but they seem sturdy enough

I went ahead and ordered one this morning and just got it. Studying up on all the steps to install a cam. Want to fly to Nebraska to help reassemble my broke SC:D

Ken

I went ahead and ordered one this morning and just got it. Studying up on all the steps to install a cam. Want to fly to Nebraska to help reassemble my broke SC:D

Ken

Ken,

Suggest you make a close inspection of the chain tensioner wear plates and replace the tensioner assembly if there is any doubt about how good of condition it's in.

David

Thats a question I have actually..Does ford still sell the tensioner assyblys and are they upgraded at all from teh ones my SC has?

Ken I'd love to if I could..But I;m sure you can handle that one on your own:O)

Plus then I;d be tempted to spend money I just dont have haha!

Back