OK...another spark plug question...

FineLineMtrSprt

I did a search but didn find the asnwer i was loking for. Im running a 10% pulley...what plugs do i use...im looking for Motorcraft plugs but one heat range colder than what stock is....anyone know the part number? Thanks guys.

don't have the Motorcraft number but Autolite 764 is 1 range colder and Autolite 103 is 2 ranges. You can use standard copper or use the APP which are platinum.

Holy S**t......:eek:

Advanced Auto just charged me $3.97 each for 12 of the little boogers......:mad:

Guess I should have shopped around......:rolleyes:

The motorcraft numbers used to be AWSF34PP that were the double platinums that my service manual (1994) calls for. I read a thread or article a while back where somebody said they were running AWSF32PP, and I believe that was supposed to be one range colder. His theory was that the colder range was going to reduce his chance of blowing the head gasket.

Good luck, Kurt

Holy S**t......:eek:

Advanced Auto just charged me $3.97 each for 12 of the little boogers......:mad:

Guess I should have shopped around......:rolleyes:

ugh......well you probably wont find them at the price i listed anymore, i have gotten them for i wanna say 2.59 for the longest time at oreiley, i always thought it was weird how autozone had them listed for 3.99, i guess they caught on, there now 3.99 at oreiley....Edit: i just called to verify....dammit i was just about to get a new set for the new sc.....well ill be getting them anyway but for a lil more jack....errr

Last edited:
The motorcraft numbers used to be AWSF34PP that were the double platinums that my service manual (1994) calls for. I read a thread or article a while back where somebody said they were running AWSF32PP, and I believe that was supposed to be one range colder. His theory was that the colder range was going to reduce his chance of blowing the head gasket.

Good luck, Kurt

I run the AWSF32PP plugs in my car with no problems at all. Gapped around 0.45-0.48.

Blkbirds...its just kind of a unwritten rule to drop a heat range when you add boost. Also hey drummer...what mods on your car..just wonering. I have to do plugs on this thing very very soon..its the only thing left that could be causing my cold stumble and miss. Its got taylor wires on it that are elss than a year old but im SERIOUSLY considering switching back to Stock Motorcraft wires.

not a big time poster here, but I would suggest the autolite XP 103, for one range cooler and the XP104 for stock heat range. they last a long time being a double Pt, but they are finewire too and that helps. I run them in a SHO with good results.

whats the diff between the xp103(cold) - xp104(stock)
compaired to the xp5144 plugs

cheers

cbt said:
whats the diff between the xp103(cold) - xp104(stock)
compaired to the xp5144 plugs

cheers

the 5144 is the same kind of spark plug but it has a projected pilot on the shell, it sticks into the chamber about 1/4", where the 103/104 has the pilot of the shell end flush with the combustion chamber. the pilot is there for fouling prevention and idle stability.

I thought the SC used the AWSF32PP/AGSF32PP (1/2 thread & full thread) as a replacement plug, which is replaceable by the XP104. If I'm mistaken just ignore me over here

Blkbirds...its just kind of a unwritten rule to drop a heat range when you add boost. Also hey drummer...what mods on your car..just wonering. I have to do plugs on this thing very very soon..its the only thing left that could be causing my cold stumble and miss. Its got taylor wires on it that are elss than a year old but im SERIOUSLY considering switching back to Stock Motorcraft wires.

Well.. on my 92 SC when it was running. 5% blower OD and 10% JS OD, raised top, 3:73's, and a home ported blower. On my current 90SC... 5% blower OD and I will be going a little bit more to this motor and also a full tune. But I had those plugs in my 90SC for 2 mins.. and I could tell the difference right away.. compared to the crappy champion plugs that the kid had in the car.

if all else fail use Bosch plugs....:eek: ..haha..j/k...you wont make it out of the driveway...well maybe stumbling.
If you only have minor mods, few bolt ons whatever, i see no reason to go beyond the stock plugs.

lol..ugggh bosch...we see so many of them things at work with customers saying...."I just put in new plugs and now its running bad and the CEL is on"...well what kind of plugs and wires did you use.... "Bosch platinum +4's ...the best plugs they make and autozone wires"....welllll guess what..you now need a tune up with good quality parts. Champions only work good in mopars...since thats what most of them come from the factory with.

I forgot to mention a good plug two ranges colder than stock. my SHO is turbo, running alcohol, so I am all read up on colder heavy-duty plugs. only problem is that some of the racing plugs are non-suppressor and will make noise over your radio.

stock autolite XP104
1 colder Autolite XP103
2 ranges colder Motorcraft AGSF12FM1 (this is a very good spark plug)
3 ranges cooler autolite racing 474

Back