Need Serious Help Fast

nastybird93sc

HEY GUYS, MY TRANNY BLEW OUT A WHILE BACK SO I PUT A C4 IN THAT I BOUGHT. I ALSO PUT IN A FMIC, GOT RID OF THE A/C, AND PUT THE BATTERY IN THE TRUNK. NOW MY CAR WONT EVEN TRY TO TURN OVER WITH THE KEY. WITH THE KEY ON IT WILL JUMP OVER AT THE SOLINOID BUT WON'T START.I PULLED A PLUG WIRE AND THERE WAS NO SPARK. THERE IS ONE PLUG IN OFF OF THE AOD THAT HAD NO PLACE TO PLUG IN ON THE C4. SO I WAS WONDERING IF THE CAR HAD A NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH OR SOMETHING THAT WOULD PREVENT THE IGNITION FROM SENDING JUICE TO ENGINE OR IF THE IGNITION COULD BE BAD. IF ANYONE COULD HELP I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Your car will definately have a safety so you couldn't start it in drive, I'm not sure on your swap but I would really lean heavily towards that plug being important and your main culprit to the no start issue. How many wires are in the plug? what colors?

Well, Not Sure What The Colors Are. But There Are Four Wires And With A Test Light I Was Able To Find Out That The First Wire Was Hot With The Key On, The Second Wire Was For The Back Up Lights, The Third Wire Became Hot When The Key Was Turned As If Starting The Car, And The Fourth Wire Turned The Engine Over If I Hooked A Hot To It. So I Ran A Jumper From The Third Wire To The Fourth Wire And The Car Will Now Turn Over With The Key But Still Won't Get Any Spark. So If Anyone Has Any Suggestions For My Remaining Problem Please Let Me Know. Thanks,joe:)

Go get some wiring schematics before you ruin the car. The reverse light wire is in there too.
I guess in desperation you could install 2 toggle switches. Or get the neutral safety switch from the c4 and wire it up.
Alan

Sorry, I Said Back Up Lights But Meant Reverse Lights. No Need For Wiring Diagrams. I Am Pretty Good With Electrical, But Wanted To Make Sure No One Knew Right Off What It Was According To The Symptoms. So Far, I Have The Ignition Working Again And I Got The Car Started. But Now It Won't Idle. I Have To Press The Pedal A Little To Get It Started And Keep It Around 1200 Rpm's Or It Will Die. Can Anyone Help Me There? Thanks, Joe:)

Back