PDA

View Full Version : Question about a tune

SRT-4
04-12-2007, 11:18 PM
So, With the bigger incectors I was told to get an SCT chip and tune. After I put the chip in what is there to tune? after I put the car on the rollers to check A/F what else can be "played with"

I read that you can delete EGR but what else :confused:

Scott Long
04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
egr delete, idle speed, closed loop time, cooling fan turn on temp, rev limiter, injector pulse, timing advance, knock sensor monitoring, injector sizes, if you have a 4R70W trans you can do shift points and convertor lockup, also I believe you can adjust line pressure electronically on those trans. I'm sure there's a few other things you can tune also.

SRT-4
04-12-2007, 11:28 PM
egr delete, idle speed, closed loop time, cooling fan turn on temp, rev limiter, injector pulse, timing advance, knock sensor monitoring, injector sizes, if you have a 4R70W trans you can do shift points and convertor lockup, also I believe you can adjust line pressure electronically on those trans. I'm sure there's a few other things you can tune also.

Sweet

Also, if I have the 15% OD kit from MP can I get some UD's or would that mess up the entire system. I am a SC n00b but I belive the blower is on its own system (jackshaft and blower pulley) :confused:

rzimmerl
04-13-2007, 07:17 AM
the UD pullies will not mess up the 15% OD, the accesory side of the crank pulley will be a different size not the jackshaft side. I can't wait to get my 15% kit also, its in the mail:D