Can you solve this???

94scoupe

Ok, here is the rundown on this problem. 94 SC converted to 5 Spd. ECU is a 94 5 spd. Last summer it was running great, better than ever ( a sure sign something is getting ready to let go for sure). I took to the car wash and cleaned it up good and drove it around a bit and then back to work. Parked for three hours, went out to start it and noticed it was idling rough but figured it was wet plugs or something. Took off for home. right away major problems became apparent. it would idle and run up to around 1500rpm but more throttle caused it to bog really bad and more throttle just made it worse. I finnally just held it down until it should have died. Right before it should have died it came alive and took off so fast it was past the rev limit before I got out of it. Damn near wrecked it. Then it died and almost did not re-start. I had to baby it home. No more than 1500rpm all the way. Still died a few times I replaced the DIS, throttle Sensor, Cam Sensor, MAP and air control on the throttle body. O2 sensors are good. Balancer is intact and as it should be. I have noticed that when it is first started for about 30-45 seconds it idles as it should and will run through 5000 rpm no problem. Then while it is just idling I hear it shift into another mode and it runs rough and the same problems/symptoms are back. Motor has less than 80,000 on it and was a Ford crate motor. There are some codes but I cannot read them. I was driving this daily and really enjoyed it but since this issue it has set in the garage. I have done some work to it prior to this problem. changed out the rear end for a limited slip, Tranny conversion, cat back oversize duals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Back