PDA

View Full Version : Finally a few pics!

Gregthespy
04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
:cool: So I finally got out from under this car long enough to give her a bath with Dawn, Clay bar the whole thing, wash again, and a coat of Miguires polymyer wax. I just got done with the wax and took her to take a few pics, unfortunately the sun was setting and the pics didin't come out as great as I had hoped for but you get the idea, she's clean! I also took a pic of the engine bay, a place I'm quite frankly sick of seeing!;)

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/gregthespy/1989%20Super%20Coupe/P1010125.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/gregthespy/1989%20Super%20Coupe/P1010124.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/gregthespy/1989%20Super%20Coupe/P1010108.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/gregthespy/1989%20Super%20Coupe/P1010110.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/gregthespy/1989%20Super%20Coupe/P1010107.jpg

I also put in a new Sony Xplod head unit with as much MP3 capibility as I'll ever need. Picked up a 8Gb jump drive for it and I'm set for over a week of straight driving without ever hearing the same song twice!:p
I've got the speakers on order now so hopefully by mid next week thoes will be going in.
And I'm about to make my next hefty order of SC parts. Going in for the suspension overhaul, at least the rear for now. Going to put in all new everything and top it off with a set of air bags.:cool:
Fronts won't be too bad since I've got most of it already in stock in the SC warehouse!

If I only had this much ambition to get the 95 going. I did have a sick thought on my way home today.... 95 5-Speed interior wraped in Twilight blue nirvana....

Nah! I couldin't sacrifice a rare bird like that.
I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

SuperChicken89
04-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Looks great Greg! There seems to be some "YELLOW" missing under the hood:D

Keep up the good work.

Bryan

Cobra85
04-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Looking good Greg. Hope to see it soon.

Flip
04-13-2007, 10:03 PM
The SC really looks great.:D

Gregthespy
04-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks guys, I will be at what ever meet is next, as long as she holds together and dosen't keep her track record of breaking right before meets:eek:
It's soo hard to have all the go fast goodies sitting here for the 95 and a perfectly good recipiant right here. but I'm not budging, Project 95 is still alive. and to prove it here's one of the projects in motion... Port matching intake while bolted to the heads. Oh yeah, and a little bling for the inside as well:cool:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/gregthespy/1995%20Super%20Coupe/P1010044.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/gregthespy/1995%20Super%20Coupe/P1010045.jpg

Enjoy!

Gregthespy
04-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Just orderd up all of the stuff for the rear suspendion rebuild which include:

Poly Knuckle kit
Upper Inner Control arm bushing
Lower inner control arm bushings
Toe compensators
Shorter Poly swaybar endlinks (for the lowering springs)
Poly Spring pearch cups
Air-Lift airbags
Poly Differential mounts
Poly Strut Mounts

And of course this will all be used with the new lowering springs that came with Sweets II.
I wish I could financially swing some Tokicos or something but it will have to do with what's in there, which I don't feel are too worn. but it will be on my future list eventually!;)
Let me know if there is anything I'm leaving out, i'll probably swap out the rear calipers with some fresh Morse loaded calipers while I'm in there too.

onequiksc
04-14-2007, 09:31 AM
YOU GO BOYEE!!!

Looks great.

BTW...What's an SC?

SuperChicken89
04-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Greg, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but someone cut a huge hole in the top of your intake! That hole may cause a slight idling problem. I'd ask for my money back if I were you and buy one without the hole.

Bryan

Gregthespy
04-14-2007, 11:06 AM
But the seller insisted that it would be better for flow! I'm so gullable:rolleyes:

Sweet90SC
04-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Boy in that light you can sure tell it needs those lowering springs..... Great job on the engine Greg....You did alot of changing out in there....;) I think thats the shiniest that car has been in years......:cool:-~

Sweet90SC
04-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Greg!!!!!:eek: ....This is my first day with a really clear head.....DRUG FREE!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!:D :D :p ....... I cannot begin to say how absolutely awsome you have made "Sweet II" look. I actually got a bit misty here. I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!....I knew I made the right move selling her to you!!! Money be damned you did it bro! I'm sittin here like a proud papa grinning from ear to ear.:D ..... Greg I am so absolutely proud of the hard work you did not only fixing the existing problems but the screw ups yours truely did too. That was one hell of alot of work and everyone here needs to throw some props Gregs way. As for myself I'm feeling like I've adopted another son....sniff sniff I'm gettin all pferclempt...talk amongst yourselves..topic..Barbra Steisand in an SC..sniff sniff...Rosey O'Donnell in the trunk...

Gregthespy
04-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Glad I could make you proud, and also glad that you know you made a good decision selling... err... putting her up for adoption to me. Everyone who sees it will not believe it is an '89 untill they see the interior styling and then it's obvious!;)
she is still undergoing work a little here and there. I put the new speakers in on Wed. as well as rebuilt both window motors with new gears and a hefty coat of lithium grease on all the sliders. Also removed the drivers side window and reglued the tabs on it and finally applied a nice heavy coating of 100% Pure sillicone on all the felt sliders which made a HUGE diffrence in the way they traveled. I found a good source for pure sillicone too... the hobby shop, they use it in the RC car shocks as a dampening fluid and it comes in a perfect little applicator bottle with long applicator nozzle. Just FYI.
Then I noticed the oil PSI gauge fluctuating, and I knew it was just the sensor so I replaced that and while I was at it put a Mechanical "el cheapo" Sunpro gauge I had laying around, under the hood mounted to the firewall as a secondary refrence gauge... she's readin 40PSI at idle and 65 while revved a little... she's good to go.

And I also stumbled across a set of Rear Tokico shocks with 15K on them pretty cheap so I figured I'd slap thoes in there too since I would feel bad replacing all the other worn out bushings and etc yet leaing the 130K mile shocks. and new ones weren't in the budget. Still waiting on some backorderd parts to come in for the suspension day. Hopeing by next weekend to get it done if the parts arrive.
and of course an oil change sometime this week after work.

Glad you are enjoying watching her progress... I'll keep on top of what her status is...
Oh yeah, got some chrome tips for her, just need to do a little exhaust modding and thoes will be on too. BLING:D

Sweet90SC
04-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Grasshopper...You may bling away at your convienience my son....:D

fordmangordo
10-11-2007, 10:07 PM
what did u ever do to this sc is it still around

Gregthespy
10-12-2007, 05:41 PM
what did u ever do to this sc is it still around

I've still got it and it's proving to be a great daily driver. I would love to keep the mileage off it, but hey, Dan's car has almost 300K on the odometer and it's pretty damn nice!:cool:
So yeah, this SC is still around and will be for a long time if I have anything to do with it!

Brad Klein
10-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Dan's car has almost 300K on the odometer and it's pretty damn nice!:cool:

Yeah but I think Dan pulled the Ferris Bueller and put it on jack stands and ran it up that high just so he could say it has more miles then his Pacer. There is no way an SC could look that nice with that many miles :D

onequiksc
10-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah Brad, but, last night I went to a singles Halloween party, and despite all the "miles" on ME, I had a couple people think I was in my mid 30s.

The SC just takes after its dad. That's why the car doesn't smoke either. :D

Gregthespy
10-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Well, speaking of smoking.....
I was a very bad father to my SC today and word has it there may be some incriminating evidence in the form of a video tape. Allegedley roasting the old tires from the '95 off on her. now this is just speculation that can neiter be confirmed nor denied. Although if there is enough intrest this evedince may be brought to the forum's attention for review by it's users.

onequiksc
10-15-2007, 09:15 AM
EEK Greg...I hope that smoke was low tar...

Check for tar deposits on the rear quarter panels to be sure. :D

P.S. Post vid. ;)