I just CAN NOT keep up with this car!

Parker Dean

Now I know why cars end up in the salvage yard.

Admittedly the thing has had a rough life so I'm well behind the curve before even getting started, but jeeeez!

The car needs motor mounts, radiator, struts, shocks, rotors, calipers, brake hoses, sway bar end links, upper control arms, windshield, moonroof seal (rattles), back glass seal (Cougar $115- ouch!), and a re-tint due to severe bubbling making it hard to see. And that's just the emergency list. The nice-to-have list would be several times as long.

But what really hacked me off is that a pinion bearing just started howling. Badly. Sounds like someones killing a cat in heat down there. It just seems like there's no end in sight for emergency repairs.

Anyway I have a couple of choices that I can think of. The first is to rebuild it. After gears and a bearing set I'll have about $250-300 in it. Or I could replace the center section. Right now that sounds more appealing so my question is: How hard is it to find a center for an Auto SC? For that matter anyone got a good one? Thanks

location, location, location...

Changing the pumpkin is a good idea but depends not only on price for the pumpkin but also on shipping to get one to you. Where are you located? There might be someone on the boards that's near you that can help with parts.

By the way, count me out. Only extra rear I have is under a 5spd. Try posting a wantad on the SCCoA or TBSCEC classifieds boards.

good luck,

'bird

if you're willing to pay good money I have a perfectly good one sitting in mine now, its not a trac lock though, which would be the only reason I'm selling it, I'll take a 5-speed with the lower gears and the trac lock instead. its a 95 model

^^^ So, define "good money". I've got a quarter here that's good :D

Anyway I'll probably just end up rebuilding this one.

/whine But I don't want to! It's August in Texas! /whine off

Back