So many Blowers!!!

OneFastBird

I've been searching now for weeks trying to pull up info on all of these different superchargers out there and I'll just get more confused then what I was begin with. As far as Price, Install, Horsepower, and Torque, what are the better blowers out there?(MP111, MPX, M112, Whipple, AR, Kenny Bell) I know that you'll get more hp# from the whipple, AR, and Kenny Bell but are they as easy to install as the mp111 or MPX and are they worth it for the price difference!!! Any info/help is very helpful, Thank you

They all have diffrent attributes. The MPX needs to be overdriven a lot to get the goody from it and can be bought off the shelf. Installation should be a breeze since it is still just a M90. Most SC owners will be canidates for it. The AR could be had from Dave Dalke. I dont know if he sells a kit for it anymore. The whipple, is a custom install and so is the M112. The AR and Whipple will make more HP over all and use less HP. The M112 should be a lot better at low and mid range HP. The bigger blowers will make less heat and in some case be underdriven to acheive the same results as spinning a M90 a zillion miles an hour. Bigger blowers will be more costly as they usually require custom fabrication. I guess it all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. There is always someone out there who will get it done

Ken

I sure would like to get my paws on this blower they call auto rotor:D
Too bad it takes an act of congress to get one:confused:

All I know is I took my AR car out yesterday for the first time in a few months and DAMN. If I had to go back to an M90, I wouldn't want the car anymore. It's just hard to describe 2nd gear. The car drifts out sooooo nice now because you never have to be in the sweet spot. Just hit it...any rpm...any speed in 2nd and things get retarded.

All I know is I took my AR car out yesterday for the first time in a few months and DAMN. If I had to go back to an M90, I wouldn't want the car anymore. It's just hard to describe 2nd gear. The car drifts out sooooo nice now because you never have to be in the sweet spot. Just hit it...any rpm...any speed in 2nd and things get retarded.

Micah, time to update your member's page!;)

You guys are all pretty funny.

There really is only one choice for blowers and that is the MPx.

Previous versions (MP1, MP2, MP3) are all outdated and the S-port is the same as it always was. Any of these blowers are typically going to come at you used and will make a good upgrade from stock. The MPx is the only new blower package that can be bolted on and run and it can make up to 400rwhp with readily available 25% OD pulleys.

Other blowers are all custom and do not represent something that someone can simply "choose from". You can get a Procharger, Vortec, turbo, AR, Whipple, M112, M122, or hell you could put a B&M 471 if you want on the motor but in each of those cases you will have to either make it yourself or convince someone else to make it for you. None of this is any different than it was 10 years ago.

With the way that M90 blowers and parts have held their value it only makes sense to buy what is readily available so that you can enjoy your car with up to 400rwhp now and if/when you make a deal with someone to build you a custom kit or you figure out how to do it on your own then you can sell your M90 for 75% of what you paid for it allowing you to have your cake now and later too.

The people who have anything other than an M90 have waited a long time and have had to put up with the kinds of things that are typical for a custom application. I guess if there is a special "handshake" and "ring" it would be known as "patience" and "$$" because that's the biggest difference between an off the shelf M90 and anything else.

:)

I'd like to see the MPX with M112 rotors+adapter plate and a custom shortened snout. :) That should be a sweet set up. I think too much :confused:

What Dave said is correct. Secret handshake aside bigger blowers require custom fabrication and can be done for the right price. Most SC owners will go with the MPX because it will bolt right on.

Ken

I "built" block with a MPX and N20 should make 400 at the wheels :eek:

For the price of an AR you could have a MPX car, blow the engine, replace it and still be cheaper than the AR alone :p

I'd like to see the MPX with M112 rotors+adapter plate and a custom shortened snout. :) That should be a sweet set up. I think too much :confused:

The M112 inlet and outlet are so much bigger. A big plus if looking to move a lot of air. Usually the outlet is at the front of the case and I would think a spacer plate would cover the front of the rotors and how does that effect the movement of air?

Ken

Attachments

• Sc Top view comparison.jpg
    Sc Top view comparison.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 662
The M112 inlet and outlet are so much bigger. A big plus if looking to move a lot of air. Usually the outlet is at the front of the case and I would think a spacer plate would cover the front of the rotors and how does that effect the movement of air?

Ken

The spacer could have an opening that will allow air to move. The top will have to be modified to accomodate the larger opening. The size of the MPx case opening should be big enough.
Or just go turbo and be done with it...

Just a warning for those attempting a M112 rotor swap, DO NOT use a Cobra rotor pack. You have been warned. :)

Back