Pass. Window Motor

Tech_Greek

Mine just clicks when I try to roll it up or down, like a constant clicking.

I thought it could be the gear, but I'm not sure...

Driver Works Fine, Moon Roof works fine.

If you feel like taking the window motor apart and fixing it yourself, go to the parts store and and find the HELP section.....

Get HELP part #74410 and replace your window regulator gear plugs.....

Or you can take a chance and go to a salvage yard and pull a window motor to replace yours, but you won't know what you are getting.....:rolleyes:

Sometimes the motors get real weak and even after replacing the rollers it still won't run the window up very well. I found power window motors for a Taurus, same motor as TBird, for $16.99 at carstuff.com. They are a bit slow on delivery but the prices are good. Order online, the telephone order takers are dodos and may screw up your order.

So most AutoZone's or Advanced Auto / Oreillys should carry these little nub then eh?

I figured thats what it was, a search didn't turn up any specific answers...the motor sounds great, it's as fast as my old 95 LX that I had about four years ago..

The last time I priced them at Advance, they were $57.99. The junk yards here charge about $25. Virtually any 90's model Ford power window will fit.

window motor

just fixed mine,bouhgt kit off ebay for 14.95 works great only took about 1/2 hour to replace gear and bushings.

Back