pin striping

danekejt

What is the best way to restick my pin stipping on my car. The pin stripping is pulling up just behind the headlight and flapping in the breaze. Should i just get a can of adhesive and spray it on a rag and then dab it on the end of the stripping? Any thoughts or ideas much appreciated.

the cars all original and it only has 9k miles on it. i still have the original tires on it the came from the factory. would like to keep it as is.

Ummm, sc's didn't come with pinstriping, so the dealership probably put it on because they thought it looked cool.

Not original, but seems to me you will need to replace the whole pinstripe. Once a part of the vinyl loses its adhesive, you can't really put it back on

hey tazer thanks for the info. i did not know that the sc did not come with pin stripping. thanks. would what i mentioned about the adhesive that you buy in a can work?

I've never really heard of that stuff in a can that you are talking about actually... Its worth a shot though.

When one of the edges of the letters in my rear valence letters started to peel up I took the tiniest amount of clear silicone and put it behind there and that worked good, but thats not in a very noticeable body spot. You are probably best to ask at a store and see what they recommend

ok i will check with them and see what they say. i will let you know then what i come up with. thanks for your help. much appreciated.

I think the best thing to do is to go to a place that does pinstriping and have them remove it and do it over. A lady did my Accord in about 5 minutes for the whole car. Im not sure how the rest of the pinstriping is but it might be best to just redo the whole car if you still want the stripes on there. It shouldnt be too much to do.

that is not a bad idea jason. i probably should if i am getting that fixed i might as well get the rest of it done so i dont have the problem again later. thanks.

Back