another aod problem

adisont

ok, i got my lentech valve body installed hoping to get a firmer 1-2 shift. this thing has been acting funny since i got it back on the road, before the valve body swap. I thought it was all related to the valve body. i feel no slipping in any gears. my problem is that the thing won't shift from 1-2 under a heavy load. it's more like 1-nothing. yesterday it would shift from 1-3. also when it's cold and i come to a stop if feels like a manual does when you push the clutch in late. I'm hoping to keep limp this tranny along til i can get the parts to do a 5 speed swap.

Sounds like your transmission had other issues before you purchased the Lentech VB. Did you check the TV cable? What other symptoms did you have besides the soft shifting? Did you have OD and did it hold or slip?

I assume the fluid looked fine when you swapped the VB?

the car has only been back on the road for about 10 months, it sat for about 4 years. the fluid was changed at that time and again when the vb was changed. all drive gears and reverse seem to be solid. when the vb was first put in it would chirp second under part throttle. under full throttle it would not shift to second. it would shift. i think it would shift from 1 to 2 then back to 1. i can do the 1-d-1 shuffle to get it to shift to second now, but its really soft shift. after the shift, i can nail the throttle and it seems to hold.

Call lentec. They have a great techinical help line. They will work you through any problems you might have.

Ken

Back